Tablets New Kindle Fire HD 7"to come with Snapdragon 800 and FulLHD screen

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by gto55, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gto55 macrumors 6502a

gto55

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/new-kindle-fire-hds-might-house-snapdragon-800-wallop-current-models-1169816

All the competitors propose or will propose a FullHD screen with a high end SOC, meanwhile Apple recycle it's GPU/SOC and delivers a 1024*768 resolution for the iPad Mini...
    No wonder why Android continues to increase its shares on the tablets markets ( http://www.maximumpc.com/numbers_android_king_tablet_market2013 ), Apple is too busy suing Samsung or others....

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Amazon has a knack for taking perfectly good specs and bringing a tablet to it's knees. I purchased the 1st and 2nd gen kindle fires and what a complete disappointment. The 7" KF has the auto brightness where it's not supported by Amazon so it doesn't work correctly. The Silk web browser is a joke on their tablets.

The UI is a lag fest througout. The only reason to ever buy another KF-HD is if the one you have broke or you are heavily invested in Amazon.

3. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Yep. Even using the demo units in Waterstones I noticed the same thing on every single one. They all lagged like mad. And getting the grey chessboard on the browser was so so easy. I hadn't seen that since I had an iPhone 3G for crying out loud!

Amazon does a lot well but so far tablets are just not one of those things. Hopefully they address the issues in the next refresh.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

In just one opening post & two paragraphs.....

You turn an otherwise interesting article for the forthcoming Kindle Fire HD (and potentially interesting thread) into yet another "look Ma! I can piss on apple" , "I'm so clever & witty" , "I can piss this high !!!" thread :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For shame !

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

I own iPad's and various Android tablets. The Kindle Fire series is by FAR the worst of the Android bunch. Yeah and I forgot about the Silk cheeseboard, LOL.

That's by far the least of it's problems. How about the infamous Silk has stopped responding, please close and restart this application?

The best thing about the Kindle Fire HD is the FAOTD and if you are a Prime member like me all the free TV Shows and Movies that are included with your membership. And the Dolby audio is just insane when watching movies.

These types of devices just make the iPad look all the more better.