New, larger case and now I'm experiencing wrist pain. Coincidence?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by icupcake, Apr 24, 2012.

1. icupcake macrumors member

icupcake

So about two weeks ago I got a Grove Bamboo case (which I absolutely love). It's light as a feather but adds about the same amount of bulk as a speck candyshell. Over the last week my wrists are killing me (I have had symptoms of pre-carpel tunnel syndrome in the past from typing on the computer but not for a long time). I'm thinking maybe the case is making me hold the phone differently, I guess my hands are kinda small. Anyone else experience anything like this? I took the case off but am hoping it's not the culprit. I had a few days where I was doing a bit of excessive typing last week. I have tons of work to do this week and even typing on my iPad is killing me, ugh. Also if anyone has any pain relief suggestions, that would be awesome as well. Thanks so much!

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

3. macemily macrumors newbie

If the case is light as a speck candyshell, I don't think it will cause any extra damage to your wrist than a bare iPhone.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

5. guccigucci88, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Lol. But seriously a case shoudlnt really cause wrist problems when its not even one of the super bulky ones like survivor or defender or even casemate tank. You should get your wrist checked out. typing on ipad sucks btw i can see how doing that all the time can hurt your wrists.

6. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502

H3LL5P4WN

Grow bigger hands.

;) Sorry, had to.

7. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

If you think a case is causing you wrist pain, you might need to hit the gym more often :D

8. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I've found that my hand fatigues more quickly with my Moto Razr than with my iPhone 4 from just holding it to make phone calls. A combo of small hands + big phone.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you think hitting the gym more often is a solution for carpal tunnel then you need to hit the books more often.

10. icupcake thread starter macrumors member

icupcake

Thanks everyone! I'm off to check out the carpel tunnel relief link right away. Thanks for the good laugh as well :). I'm sure it was the extra typing but honestly (sadly) the case does make typing more difficult for my girl hands - too bad, I love that ridiculously expensive case!