New Law Requires De-Escalation Training For 11K Minn. Officers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 23, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/06/07/police-deescalation-training/#.WU03sFhlUG8.facebook
    hope it works out as they hope.

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Castile should have paid attention in his CHL Class and when the cop told him to stop/don't reach for it, he should have just froze and then thought about what he was taught to do in CHL class. Dumb nut got himself killed.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

If he were white the NRA would be up in arms. (Lol, pun) Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Castile wasn't a legal concealed carrier. He was under the influence of marijuana. He hadn't followed procedure for moving and replacing his permit. Did he deserve to die for either of those? No, definitely not. He was polite to the officer. The officer was polite to him right up until Castile continued reaching for his firearm. The officer had to re-act. He even attempted to physically stop Castile from pulling the firearm.
    As tragic as this is there are lessons to be learned. I keep my hands on the steering wheel. I never state that I have a firearm on me. I state that I have a valid concealed carry license first then I tell the officer where the firearm is whether on my person or in the glove box. Then I ask the officer how he/she would like me to proceed.