New logicboard/motherboard to give 12" PB New Fast Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JTCubHawk, Dec 14, 2009.

1. JTCubHawk macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I recently found my old 12" powerbook g4 and I was considering a project to install a new Intel logicboard.motherboard in it to bring it up to todays standards for cheaper then buying a new 15" MBP to replace my dieing 2.2 ghz Santa Rosa model. If I remember correctly my PB only has a bad logicboard and hdd which I will hopefully replace with an sdd if possable. Any advise?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Don't start. It'll be somewhere between difficult and impossible: Apple logicboards are not a standardised size/shape. Each model is slightly different so the mounting points/ports for anything other than a 12" PB will be different.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Also, I doubt you'll be able to fit anything into the 12" case as they haven't made a 12" since the Powerbook G4. All the Intel models start at 13". Not to mention, the battery is completely different on those boards compared to the small square the powerbook G4 used to have.

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

5. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Since you don't seem too opposed to trading down from a 15" to 12" screen, why not just buy a refurb 13" uMBP?