New Logitech Cordless Desktop designed for Mac

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
If they release a wireless mighty mouse (aka the mightier mouse) next monday, then I would have a complete wireless set, still sounds good though

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Yeah, I have logitech EVERYTHING short of my keyboard. I have a USB headset, trackball, and joystick. All OSX compatible and fully functional. :D

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Very tempted, mainly for the awesome keyboard. I hate how the Apple Keyboard shows all the rubbish that's fallen through the keys.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
BlizzardBomb said:
Very tempted, mainly for the awesome keyboard. I hate how the Apple Keyboard shows all the rubbish that's fallen through the keys.
Well I got mine for free. I might as well just replace both at the same time. I've grown too attached to my trackball though. My Apple BT Keyboard is covered in sticky crumbs under the keys. But hey, FREE. :)

macidiot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
This looks identical to the s 510, except in white. And with a better mouse. Which is great since, I was oh so close to buying a 510. These keyboards look great. I wonder if I can just buy the 510 and get the same functionality and save a few bucks (especially since I don't really need a new mouse, I have an excellent Logitech mx510 :) ). Though I guess I wouldn't mind the laser mouse... Anyway, I prefer the black/silver look of the 510.

Another thing, I'm wary of wireless keyboards. Anyone have one? Is there lag? I tried out a wireless logitech mouse a while back and returned it due to the awful lag it had.

If this keyboard were wired and sold by itself, I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
That is a sweet looking set-up. I wish it were Bluetooth, but if I were in the market for a wireless set-up I would definitely want this one. I have a Logitech mouse right now and it has been great.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
macidiot said:
Another thing, I'm wary of wireless keyboards. Anyone have one? Is there lag? I tried out a wireless logitech mouse a while back and returned it due to the awful lag it had.

If this keyboard were wired and sold by itself, I'd buy it in a hearbeat.
I've never noticed any delay while gaming on my Apple BT Keyboard. My friends game on wireless keyboards too.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Eidorian said:
Well I got mine for free. I might as well just replace both at the same time. I've grown too attached to my trackball though. My Apple BT Keyboard is covered in sticky crumbs under the keys. But hey, FREE. :)
If you get a free S530 for me, you'll be my new best friend :D

macidiot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Eidorian said:
I've never noticed any delay while gaming on my Apple BT Keyboard. My friends game on wireless keyboards too.
Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to get this keyboard.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
kgarner said:
That is a sweet looking set-up. I wish it were Bluetooth, but if I were in the market for a wireless set-up I would definitely want this one. I have a Logitech mouse right now and it has been great.

I think BT doesn't have the the bandwidth for a laser mouse and a keyboard. Or its too exy. I dislike the idea of a dongle BUT I have been waiting for a decent BT mouse - with a laser preferably - since I got my Mac 19 months ago. So I think this baby will be the one for me. Keyboard looks much more interesting than my current BT Apple one.

Attachments

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I will most likely be getting this when a desktop Mac. It's just too nice to pass up! I first saw this in the new Macworld in an ad and it definitely surprised me. And both the mouse and keyboard are white, so this is great for all of us Mac users who like our gadgets to match. :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
aswitcher said:
$99 US. Available US Feb, Europe March...
thanks. i tried looking around for it but didn't see prices anywhere. not a bad deal. i may have to try and get a set.

impierced

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2002
Diatribe said:
That does look pretty cool. Especially with all the app buttons and the better mouse. This is going to sell like hot cakes. I want one too.
Couldn't agree more... I'll be buying 10. We'll actually 1, then if I'm happy - and additional 9. $1,000 on keyboards and mice. Hard to believe, but I've been wanting Logitech to do this for a long time and I'm willing to reward.