New LTE iPhone 5 Data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leletyM3, Oct 11, 2012.

1. leletyM3 macrumors newbie

I ve noticed that the new LTE iPhone 5 Data plan is not working on other devices. I used a micro SIM adapter and went back with my 4S and it is working perfectly, but DATA will not work on my HTC ONE X or on my Unlocked International Version Galaxy Note. I had the Unlimited LTE 4G for smartphones with my One X and data always has been working on all the phones including my iPhone, this is acutally the first time that I see that data is working only for a specific phone! I tend to swap phones a lot, and I ve noticed this problem....anyone have the same issue?

2. jerrahh macrumors regular

im pretty sure ATT has like a "Smartphone data plan" and an "iphone" data plan... i remember back in the day i had to tell them what i had when i wanted to switch phones.

3. leletyM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah totally agree with you! Been an AT&T customer since it was Cingular, and never had this issue with my Data plan, they usually have a specific data plan, but it was always working. I had my 4G LTE for Smartphone Data plan on my One X and everytime I was running out of batter I went back with my iPHone 4S, now that I am back with the iPHone data plan, I can use only iPhones since data is not working on the other phones................I am really wondering if I ll switch back to the 4G LTE Smartphone and put the sim into my iPhone and see if the data is working.

4. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

Change the APN to phone and data should work on the international Note. The iPhone data plans are not provisioned for the APN wap.cingular

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

that will no doubt fix the problem +1

6. leletyM3, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

leletyM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the help! I ll give it a try!!

Update: Changed the APN to "phone" and everything is working!!! Thanks!!