Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

114447-apple_notebooks.png

A MacRumors forum poster points to a report (Google translation) from Taiwanese newspaper Apple Daily that appears to claim that new MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air models are due for launch sometime this month.

While the Google translation leaves much to be desired in the way of clarity, the report seems to indicate that new models were planned for introduction in March but shortages of Intel's new chips pushed the launch back to this month. The report also claims that Apple will be pushing all three sizes of the MacBook to a maximum of 640 GB hard drives with 8-hour battery performance across the board. The remainder of the report primarily focuses on suppliers, with Quanta and Hon Hai (Foxconn) targeted for assembly of the devices and Innolux and AU Optronics being tapped for LCD panels.

Updates to Apple's MacBook Pro line have been widely expected for several months, although reports of possible release plans have become less frequent in recent weeks as attention has shifted to the iPad. Apple's MacBook Air is similarly due for an update, as it was last refreshed in June alongside the new MacBook Pros. The MacBook was last updated in October and thus has not necessarily been viewed as ready for an update, but we are beginning to approach its typical refresh window as well.

Article Link: New MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air Models Scheduled for Launch This Month?

gatekpr

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Finally!

I have been waiting for the new MBP for almost 6 months now!

I hope they "wow" us with some good hardware inside!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I hope they don't "upgrade" these to use the iPod/iPhone OS, force us to rebuy all our apps via iTunes and remove all but 1 port from the side.

That would be really dislikeable.

dwman

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
San Francisco
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm hoping for a Mac mini refresh. I want to buy a simple, low cost computer for my mother, but want to get an i5 model, not the rather dated C2D model. Here's hoping.

godslabrat

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
...but how does this apply to the iPad?

...j/k!

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. If the MBA is updated, I am 99.9999% sure it'll be my next laptop.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
While no single rumor is reliable I am starting to believe that it is the Intel chip bottleneck that caused the delays.

That's certainly much better than "the screens keep cracking" or "the speaker falls out" or some other problem that would need fixing.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Google translation leaves a lot to be desired... :)

But it also says somewhere in there that 248GB SSD drives will be an option (no mention of brand).

gazzamac

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2010
Not enough information in the OP for my heart rate to increase and to suffer hot flushes just yet....

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
Google translation leaves a lot to be desired... :)

But it also says somewhere in there that 248GB SSD drives will be an option (no mention of brand).

Or perhaps the quality of the journalist? (ah ah aha...)

248GB SSDs, for a price!

Hurry up and wait everyone.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
But, but, but, this cannot possibly be true since we all know Apple is no longer a computer company. I know this because people on MacRumors tell me so, and we all know that if someone posts something here it must be true.

No, there are no more computers coming from Apple because they have abandoned this market to chase the toy market instead. :rolleyes:

OK, with that disclaimer out of the way, I've got my money ready. Come on new MacBook Pros!

deadlydingo

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
KCMO
The good news? The News title "This Month" will be correct eventually. just like the titles that include a "tommorow". May not be professional journalism but eventually will be correct ;)

Yup. At least it is less ambiguous than "not to worry." :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.