New Macbook pro 13 inches 2012 - Weird amount of fan noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SimenD, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SimenD macrumors newbie

Hi guys!
    I just bought a new Macbook pro 13' 2012, less than a week ago and i find it odd that the fans are so loud. When i'm in my room and it's dead silent i can even hear the noise through my earphones.
    I've read online that some people experiences no noise AT all. Only when they really put their ears as close to the laptop as possible. But then others have the same problem as me. So... I don't know if that's how this specific version and size of macbook pro sounds. I just wan't to know if it's normal or if its not if their is any solution on the problem

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Start by using iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your temps, fan speeds and much more. This will tell you if the fan noise is due to increased temps and speeds, or if it's normal for your Mac.

3. SimenD thread starter macrumors newbie

The exhaust of the fans are 1997-2003 RPM and i know thats the limit for apple's macs
    And the temperature is around 50-50 Degrees
    But it steel feels really loud

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can take it to the Apple store to see if it's a flaw. Otherwise, you may need to learn to live with it.

5. SimenD thread starter macrumors newbie

6. 86nji macrumors member

86nji

Hiya mate no NOT normal, I just bought a 2012 MBP 13" and it was completely silent you could not hear it do a thing the odd tiny click and now fan is on all the time (already done multiple resets) and I am taking it in to Apple, sounds like your one could have had what wrong with mine only from the very start!

7. SimenD thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea... I mean... I guess many people have this problem, so i thought it was normal. Ive just always thought of apple made these perfect computers. And Macbooks are almost damn perfect, but the noise is annoying me.
    I think i'll get someone to check my computer, just to be sure :)
    Good luck with your macbook =)

8. 86nji macrumors member

86nji

Thanks dude they are perfect but you can upgrade them and make then even more awesome!

9. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

2000 is not the limit...that is the default. I have seen up to 8000 when playing a game on the MBP Base 13".

If you think that 2000 is loud, either you are hypersensitive or something is really wrong with your fans.

R

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm guessing, but I believe they meant it's the lower limit, which is true.

11. blossom-1 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem and I only bought mine last week too. Did you find that it was silent for the first few days? Mine was until yesterday and I'm concerned as I also thought that it was meant to be almost silent unless doing anything demanding. I have checked my cpu and temperature which were both normal but my fan can still be heard when I have nothing open bar the desktop.

What have you done with yours? Are you taking it back?

Thank you :)

12. SimenD thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello!
    Mine was noisy from the day i got it. The source of the noise was my HHD, which i then replaced with a SSD. That solved my problem, and my macbook is now silence :)