New Macbook Pro, But All Videos Out of Sync!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techfan81, May 24, 2014.

1. techfan81 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro but every video I go to watch is out of sync. I installed Adobe Flash. I am using Google Chrome. Is there something I am missing? Something I need to install? Literally every online video is out of sync.

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Where are you going to watch these videos? If you're on Youtube, get yourself onto the HTML5 player & see if that helps.

3. techfan81 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go to that link, it says Google Chrome is already using HTML5. Could there be some other software, plug-in, etc that I need to download on my computer?

Again, it is a brand new computer. I have nothing installed on it, except Chrome. And yes, I was using YouTube to watch videos - every single one is audio out of sync.

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

This is apparently a known issue affecting some Chrome users only. It keeps being reported since the last 2 years and Google still hasn't responded to the issue, and it's unclear why some people specifically get the issue.

The only fix I can suggest is trying out Safari. If you're coming from a Windows computer, you may automatically assume Chrome is the best browser, yet on OS X, Safari is definitly superior in just about every technical aspect. Unless you rely on Chrome-exclusive extensions, you should consider making the switch.

5. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Chrome isn't as great on OS X as it is on Windows though. Personally I use Safari / Firefox in combination.

6. techfan81 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried Safari and the same issue - videos out of sync. Could it be something my computer is missing?

7. theBostonian Suspended

I watch YouTube videos on Chromium all the time and it looks perfectly normal to me.

Try using Chromium instead of Chrome, it's better and lacks the Google spyware:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/36244/chromium

See if that helps ^

It doesn't require Adobe Flash either since it uses Pepper Flash.