Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
Hi guys,

Posting for the first time with an issue and would appreciate your advice.

I purchased a 13" Macbook Pro 2.26 - standard config - and it has been fine for the past 5 days that i have had it EXCEPT i have just noticed what looks like a small hairline crack (it could possibly be a scratch), roughly 1cm away from the left side of the trackpad.

The 'crack' is just over half a cm long. You cannot see it in normal daylight without really squinting however it becomes visible under a shadow such as a shadow created by my hand (which is how i noticed it in the first place).

My question is this, should i be worried? Any chance of this "crack" becoming wider and bigger over time? I don't really care if it is a small aesthetic scratch but i am worried that it might become worse. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Fury

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
If its a real crack of time would probably get worse just seems to be the typical thing for cracks. If you unsure take it to an apple store and just have someone check it out. I am sure they can tell you exactly what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.