New MacBook Pro Late 2008 Model, Dead Pixel Already, what should i do??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by banser, Oct 20, 2008.

1. banser macrumors newbie

I got the new MBP on Wednesday and a dead pixel just showed up. I am worried because i had this happen to my iphone and the dead pixels spread halfway across the screen. I brought it to apple and got it replaced. But i do not know the policies for computer dead pixels. i wouldnt really mind this one dead pixel if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of the screen. should i see if it spreads and then take it in? should i take it in at all? is this normal? thanks

2. Atomic Ed macrumors regular

Personally I would bring it back or complain like hell. There is no reason in the world that a machine of this caliper should have inferior display panels in them. To me there is nothing in the world more annoying in a product than a dead pixel, especially in the middle of a screen. Good luck with it.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Wirelessly posted (iPhone G3 (64GB, 2.4): Mozilla/7.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_4 like Mac OS X; en-ca) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Geico) Version/3.7.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Normally, there must be several close together in order for Apple to replace them, however, if you decide to take it back, they might be willing to exchange it. Just depends on the manager.

4. KSpider macrumors regular

Take it in and request a replacement, Ive had them replace screens with 1 dead pixel after 2+ years of use.