New Macbook Pro on Friday or weekend - can I get my $9.95 SL there?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LTX, Aug 26, 2009.

1. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

So it's time to get myself a new Mac (after I sold my white Macbook a while back). I'm probably going for a 13" stock Macbook Pro and iWork, at the retail Apple Store. I am using the education discount and getting the free-after-MIR iPod Touch. I also want Snow Leopard for $9.95 USD with the up-to-date program (Canada).

My first question is: anyone know if new Macs will now ship with Snow? Or, Leo installed + a Snow disc? Or, do I need to purchase Snow?

My second question is, if the answer to the first question is I must purchase it, can I get SL when I buy my Mac (at the Apple Store) either for $35 (CAD) but getting reimbursed $25 later, or for $9.95? I'd really rather not wait for shipping and it saves both of us money if I'm already at the store and I pick it up.

Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you are going to buy on Friday, there should be an install disc in the box.

3. LTX thread starter macrumors regular

LTX

4. LazersGoPEWPEW macrumors regular

I called Apple on the phone today and asked this very question. They told me that if I bought it Friday it would ship with Snow Leopard. Soooo I'm holding out.

5. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Yea, if it isn't on the machine it'll be in the box, and if it isn't in the box the store should give you one gratis. :)