New MacBook pros U.K. London In store to look at?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Richieios26, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Richieios26 macrumors newbie

hi sorry if this has been asked before but as my MacBook Pro 2011 is slowly dying I am looking at alternatives!

My nearest Apple Store in Stratford didn't have the new MacBook pros, I am wondering are they in any London store to trial and test?

Really want to how the touch bar works.

Regards

Rich

2. Baron015 macrumors newbie

Even better, are there any in the London store to buy and take away with you ? Or do you still have to wait 3 weeks ?

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Some have stock regent street and Covent Garden have done this week.

To look at well there in glass tanks so yeah you can look lol

4. 5to1 macrumors 6502

Don't know if there are any to purchase on the day. But can confirm Covent Garden had plenty of both 13" & 15" on display last week.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 8, 2016 ---
    Covent Garden had them on the benches and you could use them. It looked like they'd mostly swapped out to the new models as it took me a while to find an old 13" rMBP to compare the size to the new 15".

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

That's good to know I'm there Saturday. There were in fishbowls when I was in there 10 days ago with my son.

6. 5to1 macrumors 6502

I was there Saturday, so they must have set them free not long after you visited.

Didn't ask if they had any in stock. I'd booked in for a 6s battery swap only to be told they had none :( Last thing on my mind was spending more money with them.

7. larmende macrumors member

Had a look at them in Westfield White City today. They had all 3 versions in 2 different colours there.

8. technoholic macrumors 6502a

Definitely some base stock models available for immediate pick up (check the apple site for pickup stock) and all stores I've been too have them on display to play with

9. larmende macrumors member

Just throwing this one in here: PC World (UK) is now having a 10% cash back promo on the new MacBook Pro.

10. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

I bought mine in Stratford over 2 weeks ago. They seemed to have all stock models - don't know about BTOs.

11. 5to1 macrumors 6502

Had some bad experiences with DSG (Curry's/PC World) so try to avoid them where possible.

If you know any students you can get the same discount via Unidays (it's just a referral link through the App/Website, so you can by under your own Apple Store account once in the Edu Store). You can also get AppleCare for 50% off then.

If you know someone with an .ac.uk email you can go via "theedustore" which gives 14% off on the top end 15" (non BTO). They also do a 3 year warranty uplift for £30, but its RTB and for battery the capacity has to be below 50% before they'll swap out. I'm not sure how good their warranty would be in practice, I think i'd reluctantly stump up the extra for the 50% AppleCare through UniDays instead. Feel more comfortable being able to walk into an Apple store and get a quick turnaround (when you can get an appointment) over RTB.

It's a double whammy that Apple jacked up the prices and also recently cut back the previously excellent Higher Education programme. Used to be 15% off, plus 3 year Hardware warranty included :( (The Mrs profession means she's a perennial student, often back at Uni doing postgrad courses and this used to be one of the perks :) ).

12. Username3234 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what the stock situation is? There have been no 2.9ghz in London for almost a week from what I can see, none on the Tuesday delivery. Does anyone know when the next delivery is?