Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Effective immediately, we have four new MacRumors moderators:
bousozoku, who joined MacRumors in June 2002 and lives in Florida

edesignuk, who joined MacRumors in March 2002 and lives in Essex, U.K.

Nermal, who joined MacRumors in December 2002 and lives in Whakatane, New Zealand

WinterMute, who joined MacRumors in January 2003 and lives in London, U.K.​
They have accepted this new responsibility in order to help make MacRumors the best site it can be.

bousozoku, Nermal, and WinterMute are now Moderators. Doctor Q has moved from Forum Moderator to Moderator, and edesignuk has moved into a new position known as a "mini-mod", to deal with misdirected or problemsome threads and posts in the forums.

All four new moderators have proven to be excellent forum members, providing help to other members, sharing their experience, and being of service to the MacRumors community. In addition, we are pleased that their addition expands our time zone range.

Please join us in welcoming our new moderators!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
For reference, the MacRumors moderators are:
AmbitiousLemon
bousozoku
Doctor Q
edesignuk
eyelikeart
Mr. Anderson
Mudbug
Nermal
Rower_CPU
WinterMute​
You can contact any of them using buttons at the bottom of the Show Groups page.

However, for reporting threads or posts that violate forum rules, please continue to use the Report Bad Post (
) button next to the post, since this notifies whichever moderators are on duty.

Thank you.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Doctor Q said:
All four new moderators have proven to be excellent forum members, providing help to other members, sharing their experience, and being of service to the MacRumors community.
Oh, sure, like we could disagree with that statement and get away with it now. ;)

Welcome (to your new positions), all new mods! With great power comes great... er, ability to help us all. I look forward to many years of Pax Moderatora.

PS Forgot: All hail our new Moderator overlords!

** bows **

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
This is great. I like the addition of European blood into the Moderator folk to help with additional time zones.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
This is great. I like the addition of European blood into the Moderator folk to help with additional time zones.
Nermal might be a bit offended by that. ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Look's like we will have fewer multi-hour gaps on getting problems fixed after reporting posts.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Littleodie914 said:
Case and point! :rolleyes:
It was just a joke in response to the "tyrannical digital overlords" comment :rolleyes:

If you think anyone is abusing their "power", report it, and if you're right we'll soon be demoted.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Very nice selections, they are certainly very appropriate members to become moderators.

However, do you think we can change edesignuk's official title from mini-mod to mod mini, more inline with Apple's product naming scheme? :p

Good luck all of you.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Congrats to the four new Mods. I think it's safe to say they're all universally respected members of the forum and are great choices.

With MR becoming ever more popular it has become harder to effectively moderate these boards, especially with the international flavour we've got going on here! I'm sure the new Mods will do a great job and will keep the MR community spirit going. Congrats again guys :)

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I hope this doesn't signal the end of edesign's stabs at newbies with comical macros :(.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Wes said:
I hope this doesn't signal the end of edesign's stabs at newbies with comical macros :(.
That torch has been passed to you, Wes. Time to start making some macros....

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
edesignuk said:
It was just a joke in response to the "tyrannical digital overlords" comment :rolleyes:

If you think anyone is abusing their "power", report it, and if you're right we'll soon be demoted.
Mr. Anderson said:
Don't worry, he's promised to be a good boy. And he knows that he has to keep it clean.

D
Haha yea, I know, all in good fun. :p

I'm sure all new positions will be honorably filled :D