New Macs along with the release of Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by eah2119, Jun 25, 2011.

1. eah2119 macrumors regular

Will Apple be releasing new versions of Macs along with the release of Lion? I know they updated the MacBook Pros with the release of Snow Leopard. Will they do the same this time for any Mac?

I bought my MacBook Pro with the release of Snow Leopard. Now, it's about a year and 10 months old. I'm looking into selling it and buying a new one, that is if they will be updating them. So, what do you think? Is it about time they update them?

P.S. How much do you think it's worth considering it's age? How much do you think it will sell for? Also, does Apple give discounts to people buying a new Mac and returning their old one?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

There's rumors of new Airs, mac pros and minis very soon. I wouldn't imagine new MBPs will be out for a while, maybe towards the end of the year.
    For information on pricing of your Mac, you'll have to post in the Marketplace forum.

3. simsaladimbamba

They might update the MacBook Air, MacBook and/or Mac mini, as they haven't been updated in a while.
    They didn't, as the MBPs have been updated in June 2009, and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard was released at the end of August 2009.
    In October 2009 Apple revealed the new white Unibody MacBook and the new 21.5" and 27" iMacs.
    See above.
    The MacBook Pros have been updated in February 2011, therefore it is unlikely, that Apple updates them again this year, 2012 is more likely.

Mac 101: Preparing your old Mac for sale or recycling
    Mac2Sell, Gazelle or eBay (Việt Nam, Türkiye, Česká republika, Hanguk) might be good price checkers.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules