"New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level"?

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Someone please tell me what is this 'next level' that Steve just brought Apple to.

Gorilla Power

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
Next gen processors.
Next gen graphics.

Can't you just go to Apple's website and see for yourself ?

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Next gen processors.
Next gen graphics.

It's not very 'next level' if all the other notebook manufacturers were already at that level months ago.

Gorilla Power

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
It's not very 'next level' if all the other notebook manufacturers were already at that level months ago.
Apple doesn't care about what you think is next level. What do you want ? A super computer from mission control in NASA ? They put the latest industry standard hardware upgrades in their latest computers and are offering upto $200 price drops on higher end models. Please don't hag about it anymore, seriously.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
today is April 13th. 2010 lasts till Dec 31th.

Can you explain me why are you asking this question now ?
+1 - Do you really think Steve would have said "You will want to wait for the second refresh of the MBP's in the fall and don't buy the first one in April. That's where the next level comes into play."

Scottsdale

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Next gen processors.
Next gen graphics.

What sorta pipe you been smoking???

Oh, the graphics to Apple to the next level meaning beyond 9600 GT (I mean 8600 rebranded), to the 330 which is roughly two years behind ATI's offerings... so next level doesn't mean something one would expect to get today in a $700 PC notebook like an ATI 5830 or even 5XXX... it just means it's beyond the nearly four year old 8600 GT graphics!!! Now we know.

What a JOKE this "non-update" was... not. If one wants a 13" MBP, they waited for nothing. If one wants a 15" MBP, they got what they should have got for their money a year ago.

Steve Jobs definitely smokes CRACK! Him and his "next level" can piss off!

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
The year isn't over so there's still reason to hope. I recall the relatively disappointing early 2009 iMac update followed by the fairly large late 2009 update. I'd say there may be a chance of that happening with the MacBook Pros. I'm not saying that's likely though.

Another interpretation of that statement could refer to those rumors of touchscreen Macs later this year, assuming those rumors are true.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I don't think he actually said that. I'm not sure he included "Macs" in his sentence.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Didnt Jobs say "apple is going to take macs to the next level in 2010" or something?

I dont wanna be one of the guys who talks ****. But im kinda disapointed by this "update". It lacks so many things

GeorgeCWB

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
Really, no one gives a flying **** about what a lonely retard thinks. Steve Jobs is rich enough to make you his pet dog's butler for the rest of your life by selling a single toe-nail clipping from his left foot. Just go and hag somewhere else.
Since when did you speak for 'everyone' you douchebag.

Stop abusing those that criticise the refresh, it's a discussion, argue your point but don't come out with a load of bullcrock.

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Jobs is very tall. You have to understand for HIM to reach the next level isn't very hard compared to the average person. You see, he bases all production upgrades and innovations on his height. Thus the lack of features in the iPad as well :)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
What does it lack? We got new CPUs and GPUs, bigger HDs, better battery, more RAM in low-end... What were you hoping for? Quad core i7 + ATI 5870 in low-end?

iSax1234

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Virginia
Lets see its only April so don't give hope yet. You are honestly ignorant if you expected blu-ray, usb3, and other crap like that this update. I believe the next one will be awesome, so lets check out what happens later this year. I believe 2010 has more to hold for Apple and the MBP and Mac its self so be patient and if you don't like it don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy a computer and a Mac at that