New MBP 15" retina on october 16?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aavad91, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Aavad91 macrumors newbie

Hi all!

Just bought the new MBP 15" from late july.. before opening it, i would like ensure that there will not be a new one appearing on thursday! :)

Best wishes

Aavad91

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

You should never buy any electronic products since there will be an update soon.

3. Aavad91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha indeed, but it would be nice if i could wait a few month before an update! ;)

4. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Most likely - no, as it was recently updated.

5. mcarling macrumors 65816

There isn't anything new that Apple would plausibly want to put in a MBP this year. The next revision to the MBP will be based on Broadwell CPUs and will probably support DisplayPort 1.3 (enabling external 5K displays) -- summer 2015.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

No. Apple follows Intel's roadmap, any update there could be is about a year away.

Regardless, it doesn't matter when you buy a computer, really. Whether you buy it today or a year from now, give it a few months and something newer and better will come out. Unless you specifically need or benefit from whatever improvement the update brings, there is absolutely no point at all in waiting.

7. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

Open it! You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return it for a full refund or exchange, so you have nothing to lose if you open it now. If you wait till Thursday, and there is no new rMBP (which I highly doubt there will be) then you would have just wasted 3 days, where you could have been enjoying your new rMBP.

8. Artimus12 macrumors 6502a

Artimus12

have a glance at the Buyer's Guide at the top of every forum page.