New MBP. Anyone get better battery life by getting it replaced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nconnella, May 10, 2010.

1. nconnella macrumors regular

So I have a mid March MBP and I've never even seen the 8 hour mark. Running nothing but safari, brightness at 50% bluetooth off, keyboard backlight off and I get 5 hours at the most on a 100% charge. Apples offered to replace the battery and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this done and seen successful results.

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

If they offer to replace the battery for you (for free assuming), then what have you got to loose? I'm assuming they must have found something wrong with your battery to offer you an replacement.

3. nelson2010 macrumors newbie

Apple wanted me to take my i5 into an Apple store today to get the battery looked at. Two apple techs were concerned enough over the phone about my poor battery performance to book me into the genius bar asap. I declined their offer and out of frustration I'm just taking it back to the shop to get a replacement tomorrow lunchtime - so will let you know what the outcome is.

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Most people seem to be getting about the same. And you mean you have the april 2010 MBP right?

5. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

I'm on my third i7 and my battery life hasnt changed. 5 hours seems to be the average.