New MBP Has Just Been Delivered... What Will Happen When I Connect My iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OnAirNow, Jun 9, 2010.

1. OnAirNow macrumors newbie

Hi,

After much debate I settled on a 15" i5 MBP (HR Glossy...the screen on which is amazing btw).. it's my first new Mac and so far I'm loving it!!

One thing has just occurred to me though... given that I'm switching from a Windows laptop and had previously only ever synced my iPhone with that PC... what should I expect when I attach the iPhone to the new MBP? I don't mind re-adding all my songs to a new iTunes account as they're on an external HD anyway (indeed, will it be a 'new' account?) but will I lose all my photos, purchased apps etc etc etc.

Thanks for your time.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

When I first connected my iPod Touch to my new MacBook Pro, it systematically deleted every application. All hail the mighty DRM.

Before you get rid of your old computer, be sure to select Store -> Deauthorize Computer in iTunes and make a note of all of the applications you've purchased. You won't have to pay for them again, but there's no list of purchase history that you can use to get everything back.

And yes, I'm a little bit pissed off at Apple.

Also, I have to disagree with you: the glossy display on my 13" MacBook Pro is terrible for colour reproduction and calibrating it is a nightmare.

3. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

IT WILL EXPLODE :eek:... :D but seriously, usually it will only allow you to transfer contacts and any recent purchases not already saved on the computer. Music and everything else will be overwritten.