New Message Icon Appeared - What Is It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netjack, Mar 21, 2012.

1. netjack, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

netjack macrumors member

got a new message icon on the top bar that i can't seem to get rid of. i've got no new messages - any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Pirating apps via Installous is illegal. Please support the developer and buy the app. This extra icon sometimes appears when using a cracked version of LockInfo or IntellscreenX.

3. Zxxv Suspended

Wirelessly posted

Maybe he's using it to try the app before deciding if it's worth a purchase?

4. netjack thread starter macrumors member

fwiw everything you see is purchased.

I don't have lockinfo or intelliscreen

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Then why bother with installious?

6. netjack thread starter macrumors member

ok different pic and slightly different colored icon.

7. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

Morality police appear!!

OP I don't know what your badge is all about but let's be honest, why have that app if you don't use it? I don't care what you do but be honest, ALL your apps are purchased?

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Would you go to a shop and walk out with a bag of a new flavour of potato chips without paying because you want to see what they taste like before buying it? When you pirate apps for the reason you posted that's essentially what you are doing. It doesn't matter whether the good/service is worth 50cents of 50thousand dollars, it's all stealing in my opinion.

No one can help anyone with pirated software on these forums. Try somewhere else OP.

9. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

People test cars first..
    I've even seen people eat their bag of chips in line before paying. So what's your point? :rolleyes:

10. CmdrThor macrumors member

Because dealerships offer that option. Testing out iOS apps before purchasing is not offered by Apple. Some apps choose to have free versions with limited functionality to allow users to test. Others don't.

11. Zxxv Suspended

Wirelessly posted

No I'd ask for a taste of someone else's crisps or try them at a taster stall that they have in shops.

Where's the harm if he try's and enjoys then buys?

As opposed to buy , doesn't enjoy. Stears clear of that developer in future due to wasting money.

12. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Well they should have a refund policy set in place. But then again if people want to steal apps and tweaks, so be it. Ain't hurting your pockets, dont be concerned about the next man.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I've never seen a car lot where you can go in, hop in a car without speaking to the sales people and driving off without any certainty you'll return or buy the car. People eat chips in line because they know they will purchase them, they don't try out the bag and then put it back, that's what's called stealing.

14. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Who's to say he's just going to "return" the app? or say nothing about it?

Let HIM tell you guys why he did it.

I personally wouldn't care what y'all said. If he installed it, so what. Stop chin checking the guy.

15. netjack thread starter macrumors member

Guys I have a corporate good account. Just relax