New Monitor choices...Apple versus..?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tdhurst, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

I have a 12" powerbook that I'd like to attach a screen, external keyboard and mouse to.

I REALLY would like the 20" ACD, but I think my money might better be spent elsewhere (I'm looking to replace my powerbook with a macbook here soon).

Might anyone have other monitor options that are DVI, at least 20", widescreen, high-quality and well-designed?

Less than $600 would be nice, too.

2. knoebelsPT macrumors newbie

As sacrilege as it might seem, Dell has some decent 20" monitors that are <$400. You might want to take a look there.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

More like $300 for a non apple 20 inch LCD. Check techbargains.com or dealnews.com. Dell, gateway, viewsonic,acer are some of the better brands.

4. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

best monitor IMO (I did a lot of research and ended up getting one) for less than 600 is Dell 2407WFP. I got mine for 535 brand new. Excellent monitor for everything you might want to do. Only negative is no HDMI input. Read all the reviews, it's pretty much the gold standard.

5. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

I bought a 24" Gateway widescreen for my Mini. It also doubles as a HD Monitor. PIP is kinda nice so I can surf and also watch TV. Not as sexy as the Apple offerings, but great picture IMHO. Under $600 now too.