New Mophie wireless charging car vent mount makes me want to switch back to the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keatth, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keatth macrumors 6502

I got the SE but now I really want the 6 just for that wireless charging feature. Currently use a magnetic vent holder and its amazing to just grab your phone off the dash, but now I wouldn't even have to plug it in either. Pretty cool.

2. lordofthereef, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016

lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I just looked this up. Pretty cool. I guess it was announced today? Any idea when it goes on sale and where? We are taking a long road trip next month and I was considering getting a scoche Magic mount but may end up going this route of its not too cost prohibitive. Almost wish they made a version without the additional battery pack to save on money since I don't really need that bit.

Edit: looks like two flavored. $99 and $129 depending on mah. I think that's in line with their other charge cases so pretty cool, although a bit more than I'd like to spend, I think. Nice to see qi technology from a trusted third party manufacturer though. I think it won't be long before Apple adds this themselves!

I'm also unclear whether this still allows charging via an external cable. With the added battery, this may not be terribly necessary, but in thinking it would still be pretty nice. The old batteries I believe had a micro USB port. It's probably too much to ask/expect a lightning port, but a USB option would be nice especially for travel.

3. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

The price difference is between the 6 and 6lus. PoweRcker makes a nice magnetic car vent mount but no charging, I was just thinking yesterday man this would be great if it also charged the phone and today mophie releases this, it's on sale already but the car vent is on back order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.