New nano-SIM in 4S, 5 Ready to Go as Soon as I Get It

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMIDG3T, Sep 16, 2012.

1. SMIDG3T, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Hi. A few days ago I picked up my nano-SIM from my local O2 store. Within the pack you get a couple of adapters so if you're currently using a micro-SIM or a fully sized SIM you can use one of the adapters and insert the new nano-SIM into any device you want. Very handy. Just swapped my number from my micro to nano SIM so once I get my iPhone 5 from Apple I'll be ready to go straight away!!

2. tuan time macrumors member

Pretty sure the i5 comes with a nano sim already. You just have to turn it on and sync via itunes and it gets activated with your number. Cool that you got an adapter though.

3. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Not if you bought it sim free/unlocked from Apple.

4. tuan time macrumors member

I thought those weren't even on sale yet? But you are correct.

5. 03sho macrumors 6502a

uk

6. yegon macrumors 68020

Yup, been rocking a nano sim in my old 4 since Friday :)

Must admit, I was relieved when it was in and working, I'd hate to have the 5 on Friday but not able to use it! 32gb 4 -> 64gb 5 = a sweet upgrade :)

7. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Very interesting. Maybe I'll see if I can get one at AT&T today for my phone. I need to do a hardware/upgrade swap...

8. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Same, just need the phone now :D

9. yegon macrumors 68020

Yeah, as much as iPhone launches interest me, it's always nice when you've got your order in, confirmed and done, and you can sit back and wait. I was concerned the whole nano sim issue would hold me back but, to be fair to Three, after a couple of non starter attempts to get one (first two visits I knew more than them, they hadn't a clue and I had to show them their twitter feed on my phone) they came good.

10. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yeah. I thought an adapter is a very good idea. Just a note: I have ordered my iPhone 5 from Apple so I won't be getting another SIM.