New owner, having problems - can't sign in, update apps, sign in with game center

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheRealVertical, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TheRealVertical macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I just got my first iPod Touch 4G via FedEx today, and I'm having all kinds of problems. Everything seems to be running VERY slow. The apps I have installed I did via iTunes, and that went fine, but when I try to add anything via wifi, it tells me I have to verify my account information, and it just hangs when attempting to do that. I also tried to register with game center, and it just hangs then, too, saying it produced an error, and now I can't do anything else.

I also can't sign in to Pandora... it just spins forever....

Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

2. battlekid macrumors regular

Restore the ipod via itunes. Also, try a hard reset first (hold lock and home buttons for ten sec, then let go).

3. TheRealVertical thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I think the problem is my local wireless. It couldn't do all of those things because I don't think it can establish a consistant connection, despite being able to surf the web OK in Safari.

It worked fine when I went over to my neighbor's house, but strangely enough, my wife's touch works fine at mine. I don't know why my new touch is struggling to stay connected (although the little signal strength indicator is always at 2 'bars', it just refuses to connect to the internet sometimes).

Pandora refuses to stream music at my house (although my wife's touch works fine), but it works at my neighbor's.

I'm really baffled.