New phone, apps not installing

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by jjk454ss, Nov 3, 2017.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

i got a new iPhone X, restored from backup but had to leave WiFi before all the apps were installed. Now all apps are just stuck on “waiting” or “installing” and won’t continue. I’ve restarted, and deleted the app and tried to redownload with no luck. Anything I can do before I do a clean restore/reinstall?

2. Txguy82 macrumors regular

Txguy82

3. Txguy82 macrumors regular

Txguy82

Once u connect back to a WiFi network, the backup and the installing apps will continue as normal.

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, I thought the apps that were under the limit would install, but now that I’m back home they do seem to be installing, just very slowly. Before I posted I had joined in Wi-Fi that was much faster than mine, but I guess because they go so slow I just didn’t notice.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I definitely miss the old iTunes, this re-downloading all the apps is ridiculous. My Internet isn’t the greatest, right now it appears like I’m getting around 15MB, but the apps are just not installing. I miss when I could just install everything from my computer and not have to re-download everything. It could be some other issue so I am now in the process of doing a clean install of iOS 11.1 from my computer to see if the apps will then download.

6. John8888 macrumors newbie

Indeed, buying a new iphone used to be a exiting day, now it is all just a pain in the *ss!

7. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

Agreed. It takes an entire day to really get the phone back set up.. by the time it downloads all the pictures and apps and music... the day has come and gone. It’s almost similar to ps4 when you get a new game. Takes like an hour to install the game before you can even play it.

8. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Yeah, they really need to rethink this stupid idea of removing apps from iTunes and go back to what worked

9. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

there is a version of itunes (search threads) that has the APP capability - it is a business version but supports current stuff. Part is a pain cause you have to rebuild music libraries but I'm running that until I get and restore my new X so I don't have that long pain in the neck with apps.

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

Absolutely! I was planning on an iPhone X, but this "improvement" makes it too much of a hassle. Apple now only cares about the 90% that are computer illiterate and has no problem screwing things up for the 10% who buy multiple Apple products.

11. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

It’s not a WiFi issue as I’ve had this same issue yesterday but I was definitely on WiFi. Some apps would download and some would take forever.

I restarted the phone and some apps downloaded while some others didn’t; I waited a whole dang night and no change. So I did a restart again and it finally helped me redownload the rest. Deleting the app and reinstalling it didn’t work this time as it has for the past OS.