New Phone Number and iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRooney, Jul 22, 2012.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Okay, so I changed my phone number today. Now, iMessage and FaceTime keep saying "waiting for activation". I've tried restoring the phone, resetting network settings, etc. Am I missing something, or do I need to wait for Apple to cycle the number change through the system? I have no problem waiting a day or whatever it is for the change to happen, but if it is something I have to do, I want to be able to do it now. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

Same thing happened when my I tried to activate my brother's iMessage and also my kids ipod iMessaging would not send. So I called apple and they said that the iMessage servers have been down for the last ten hours. It's weird b/c me and my wife can iMessage each other just fine iPhone to iPhone, but I guess the problem is with the activation server. I am also from charleston man, small world, lol

3. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Thought I would make this an all South Carolina thread, Greenville here.

I was trying to activate an iPod Touch's iMessage for a friend today and same thing. It's working fine for me and my girlfriend, just can't activate a new account is what it seems.

4. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Activating email address and then deactivating it caused the phone number to work so I'm up now. Was it an SC issue I wonder?

5. vrcooper macrumors newbie

changed phone number and imessage is still using old number

I changed my verizon phone number - activated it - phone works BUT imessage is still using the OLD number - how do I change that too?? Thanks
    :eek:

6. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843