iPhone New Phone Purchase. Stay w/ 7.0.3 or Update to 7.0.4?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LaurieAnn, Dec 9, 2013.

1. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

I purchased a new iPhone 5s over the weekend. It came out of the box with 7.0.3. After reading the 7.0.4 battery issue threads, I'm apprehensive about updating. There are currently no issues with my phone. Should I hold off?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Your mileage may vary.

I have had no issues on 7.0.4

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

To be fair practically every update results in a thread where people talk about potential battery issues that they might have (and where others talk about having a great battery life). So far it doesn't seem like there's any large widespread issue one way or another with any particular 7.0.x updates. However, people can and do have different experiences with different things (again, pretty much with any update).

4. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

I lolled hard when I read this you srs bro? Go ahead and update that bad boy. Just a phone buddy.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Completely agree with you C DM. People for some reason are under the impression that specific builds of 7.x introduce battery issues whereas the actual problem is some behind the scenes goof up when upgrading to a different build that is causing the battery drainage issues which can usually be resolved by Restoring the phone.

6. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Yep or prevented in the first place by closing all apps first, rebooting the device then updating. I say go for it!

7. LaurieAnn thread starter macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

Very good then. This "dude-ette" will be updating her phone tonight.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

There certainly have been some actual instances where an update did have some battery issues or some issues that would result in battery issues, but those aren't as common and usually the issues are more widespread and and discussed to make them much more obvious even beyond the typical "forum crowd".