New photos Album (+) -> photos randomly sorted (iOS8.1)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by boa, Oct 25, 2014.

1. boa, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

boa macrumors newbie

After creating a new photos album (by clicking on the + button and picking which photos I want in it past-to-present), photos in the album are not properly sorted by date, nor by order of selection (e.g.

pics shot on Sept. 6th
    pics shot on Sept. 1st
    pics shot on Sept. 12th

).

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this a generalized issue on 8.1?, or is it just a side-effect caused by all pictures coming from an iPod Touch iOS6 iCloud backup?

Thx!

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. boa thread starter macrumors newbie

So, you create a new album, select pictures from distinct periods of time through the camera roll view, and, once you finish, they are all perfectly sorted in the album? I'm very well screwed then xD :(

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Sorry, I misread your first post. I was talking about my "Collectioms."

I'll go try to do an album now and see what happens... Back in a mo.

Update: they are in the order in which I selected them, which I did on a random basis, so no they're not in date order. I'm not sure, but it may be that the only way to have them in date order is to make sure you select them in date order.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I'm on ios 7. The pics inside a created album are in order by the order you selected them

6. boa thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that pictures in a new album are sorted by order of selection. The thing is that, when I select the pictures, I go to past pics on the camera roll selection view, and start selecting them from there on (in a precise "past -> present" order of selection). When the album is finally created, they're not sorted in that order, and I have to re-sort them manually...