New physical mockups give a look at the upcoming iPad mini’s possible design

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Che Castro, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

New physical mockups give a look at the upcoming iPad mini’s possible design

Ahead of Apple’s apparent October event to show off its upcoming “iPad mini,” two reports are showing physical mockups of the device. These mockups appear to both be identical to the iPad mini design information and previously leaked iPad design schematics that we reported on. The smaller iPad physical shown above comes by way of Apple.Pro, and it is sourced from online commerce website TaoBoa. The physical mockups show the skinner side bezels - that we previously reported on – in addition to a very-thin design, a smaller dock connector and more.

[​IMG]

More pics
    http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/02/new-p...k-at-the-upcoming-ipad-minis-possible-design/

2. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Am i the only one who thinks it looks SO ugly?

3. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Yep.

4. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I like it. I don't tend to hold my iPad by the side bezel, so I like it getting smaller. The lighter weight of the iPad Mini should allow more flexibility in hold it anyway.

I think the existing iPad bezel is too big anyway. Just enough room for gripping is needed, and it is currently too generous in that area. Smaller bezels would allow more portability and allow the screen to dominate more. If the mockup is correct, the Mini will be better in this regard.

6. LastDayDawn macrumors newbie

LastDayDawn

Yes.
    I really like the look of it.

7. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

apple wont make the sides skinnier. it wont happen. its not an ipod touch its a tablet, and how would that fell while holding in landscape? weird

8. Skika macrumors 68030

We got another expert here.

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

no im just saying that i really dont think that will happen

10. mcman77 macrumors 6502a

I'm genuinely interested in one of these and will have to see it in my hands before purchase regardless what it looks like but I have to admit that it looks like an over-sized ipod

11. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

Nothing wrong with that

12. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

What's with all the hate against 7" Tablet? Is it because Steve Jobs was against it? Please stop with the over sized iPod touch, it's getting old I've been hearing since the first iPad. Get over it.

I think it's perfect size for portability. I thought Apple was going to release when iPad 2 was announced but they didn't so I bought the BlackBerry PlayBoo, instead. think it's the best Tablet out there but I had to let it go because I wanted my iTunes library and iOS 6. The $180 I got for my 32GB will go towards the iPad mini.

13. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Wonder if there is some sort of edge screen touch detection to prevent someone from accidental touch while holding it in portrait.

14. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

15. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I tend to use a 7 inch device in landscape mode a lot more than I do in portrait, thinner side bezels make sense to me. I rather like the looks of this.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would wager a 16gb would go for $349. Not sure how many models they'll offer.