New Podcasts starting in middle with iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rileyrd, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rileyrd macrumors member

Anyone else having this issue?

Since upgrading to iOS 4.1, many of my podcasts show up on my iPhone 4 in a partially played state. This does not happen to all, but most.

I have reset everything twice and restored once without a fix. Is this a new bug?

2. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Yes and no.

I did not notice it on 4.1 in itself. I just put together a new computer and transferred my iTunes Library, Apps, etc. to it, and noticed it starting to happen. Inconsistently too... I thought it was caused by something I screwed up in the move and not 4.1 though. Maybe it's not?

3. sir42 macrumors 6502

I am definitely having this issue. Have you heard anything new about this?

4. rileyrd thread starter macrumors member

I have heard nothing. It must not be widespread.

5. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Still happens for me, but a lot more sporadic now. Maybe 1-2% of the time. Sometimes starts in middle, sometimes 30 seconds to a minute in. I'm assuming something's funky with the database for tracking where you last listened to a podcast (maybe it's getting confused and using the same value for multiple podcasts). Since I'm listening all the way through on most things, there's probably not many podcasts half listened to on my i4.

BTW, I haven't seen this with video podcasts, just audio.

Possibly unrelated, I've also noticed podcasts and songs with the wrong album art on the i4 after the 4.1 update.

6. honeytoast macrumors regular

This has been driving me nuts ever since upgrading to 4.1 . Audio podcasts seem to start in the middle and I have had video podcasts skip directly to the end. Very strange.

7. percusso macrumors newbie

Same problem here

My newly downloaded video podcasts start playing in the middle. iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1; iTunes 10.1.1

8. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

Same. This is really annoying. Mostly happens on the Joystiq podcast, seems like. I listen to quite a few and jump in and out. Ridiculous that I have to remember if I'm actually halfway though.