Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjestus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
My Band Director told me today that he ordered 10 NEW 1GHz G4 Powerbooks a week ago. It has not been publicly announced but we ordered them and were getting them in about a month or so. I'm going to have one for myself also because I'm the big Mac guy on campus. He also has 20 other 500MHz Powerbooks that we ordered a few months back and we have 4 G4 towers. So be ready for something AWESOME coming out pretty soon!

sjestus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
He ordered them, he even showed me the receipt for them. It's somewhere around 20 Grand. But the fact is that Apple is coming out with them.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
don't know if I'm going for it...

I don't understand how your band director is able to get his hands on not even announced hardware...

how is he that important?

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Blah blah blah

Well of course its coming out SOMEDAY. Hell, why dont we predict that a G6 is coming out in 3 years while we are at it?? I was saying ******** to the fact that your MUSIC teacher ordered them.

Band nerds. "Im the big mac man on campus..." So, is that before or after a football player stuffs you and your powerbook into a locker?

You are what gives Apple users bad names. I mean, ****-why the hell would a school band order 30 powerbooks for? Jesus. Just hurry up play your instruments so we can start the second half.

Man, Im starting to sound like Spikey. See what happens when JefHatfield leaves?

[Edited by agreenster on 01-07-2002 at 04:24 PM]

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ha ha ha...

stirring the pot I see...

I do agree though, what does a school band need a PowerBook for anyway? I would imagine an iBook would be more suitable....but still, why does a school band need a bunch of laptop computers? I am curious to know...

sjestus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
To agreenster:

Me a Band nerd, no way! I'm not that good at what I play in the Band. I wouldn't get stuffed in a locker to. I'm one of the most popular kids in school. And if someone does mess with me, they know what's gonna happen. And we ordered the powerbooks so we could do research on Composers and such over an Airport network, and my director likes the PowerBook more along with me. I'm not the one giving Apple a bad name, YOU ARE!. I'd like to see you own over 30 different types of Apple computers at the age of 15. I've owned Apple branded stuff since I was 3. My first Apple was the IIGS. The reason I'm the Apple Man on Campus is because I AM the Apple Man on Campus. I'm the only one who could afford a Mac other than the Band.

Oh yeah... I'm also gonna be the only one on this and every forum using a 1GHz Powerbook except for the people in my band and at Apple computer.

You are the one giving apple a bad name.

[Edited by sjestus on 01-07-2002 at 04:52 PM]

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
just to prove your point, if your 1Ghz TiBook arrives next month, put a screen dump from the system profile showing the Mhz rating up in a post. That is, if...

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Ha ha.

I was programming on the Apple ][ before you were born, squirt. Oh, and you havent owned over 30 types of Apple computers. Lying about that doenst make everything else you say any more believable. And dont forget, you arent the only one here who has been using an Apple since they were children.

Plus, you dont need 30 computers to do research for composers. What a waste of state money. Thats called books and a library. No, Im not giving Apple a bad name, they have just now started doing that for themselves.

Anyway--Im out of here for today- tired of arguing with 15 year old Band Geeks.

[Edited by agreenster on 01-07-2002 at 05:01 PM]

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'm laughing out loud....really!!

this thread has turned into a pissing contest...

I don't think anyone cares about a spoiled 15 year old nor the guy who wants to confront him...

ha ha ha....this is too much I can hardly contain myself!!

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
:)
What a funny contest here!
It,S been a long time we didn't have something like that in the forum! but stop bitching!... you know Life is beautiful and Apple make it better !!!!! :)

...Keynote not beyond rumors!

grouse

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2002
london
children children

To Mr agreenster (whatever), I have been enjoying your posts over the last few days and respecting them.

And there is no need for you to lower yourself into a "My HARD drive is bigger than yours" contest.

REALLY, if my mother were alive today....

And so forth.

Anyhow as I've posted elsewhere agreenster in particular... do you not think that speed-bumped towers, we know that Apple doesn't have a new case for them yet (and thus it isn't quite big enough for a keynote when you have the extraordinary iMac to compete with)... could be announced tomorrow by Phil S?

during the "POWER" hint hint "of X"?

Also did you notice that in the final power point slide of the keynote the PowerTowers were conspicuously absent.

That either means more to come (soon) or they're not in the future product line and the latter would be ridiculous.

Good night

x

b8rtm8nn

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2001
you're dreamin'

grouse, as much as I want to believe that new towers are coming tomorrow, I think you are on crack. I was pulling for a G5 more than anyone so I could suggest Apple for the Stats classrooms I support. It may be a month or two down the road, but I doubt tomorrow.

Damn them! Damn them all!

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2001
NH
Im really popular too-- and my mom says i'm the most handsome kid in the school...

she calls me son because im so bright

i want 1 of those new imacs without a superdrive but with 800mhz and a 60 gig hd. how do i get one?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
-agreenster

Dude. Why bother thumping it on the table with a boy who ain't even got pubes yet? Just sit back and laugh at his need for attention.

F

freedo

Not GHZ, GB

Guys, it's probably the Powerbooks with 1GB of memory, not 1Ghz of speed.

D'oh.

Look at the 'receipt' harder, dude.

This one time, at band camp, we all looked at a topless girl on a Powerbook.

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
Re: New 1GHz Powerbooks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sjestus My Band Director told me today that he ordered 10 NEW 1GHz G4 Powerbooks a week ago. It has not been publicly announced but we ordered them and were getting them in about a month or so. I'm going to have one for myself also because I'm the big Mac guy on campus. He also has 20 other 500MHz Powerbooks that we ordered a few months back and we have 4 G4 towers. So be ready for something AWESOME coming out pretty soon!

one time...at band camp...

If you're going to speculate, just say "I think it would be cool/possible/whatever if Apple did blah blah blah".

iFlower

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2002
YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK

Ordering PowerBook G4's with such speeds that don't exist at this time!

Whose one vote short of getting kicked in the 'nads?

With 10 votes, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
C'mon guys. After all he does own over 30 apple computers, and he did own his first one at age 3....

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
"Me a band nerd? No Way!"

IN BAND = NERD... I don't care if you can play or not.

Um, and if that didn't qualify you... bragging about being "APPLE MAN ON CAMPUS" makes you a nerd. Or geek if you prefer.

Unless of course the girls in your high school prefer the guy that brags about how much ram he has in his laptop over the QB of the football team.

At my high school the "APPLE MAN ON CAMPUS" played 'dungeons and dragons' and 'MAGIC' with the "WINTEL MAN ON CAMPUS" and the "CHESS MAN ON CAMPUS".

I'm not trying to be mean, but... no one cares how many Macs you have used. I've used one. YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME???

worst thread ever

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
of course, he owned one at three... he would more likely have been trying to put the cuboid-shaped mouse through that black and white screen than do anything useful with it at that age!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.