New PowerMac G4, Aug 13 or 24?

When do you think the New Powermac will be announced?

• August 12/13 for sure!

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • August 23/24 without a doubt

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Probably Aug 12/13, but not sure

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Probably Aug 23/24, but what do I know?

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Probably none of those days, but hopefully sometime soon.

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
So guys what do you think? What day will it be announced, and how sure are you?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
I am not sure I will be able to wait until tuesday... But if i do manage to wait.. and they arent announced then i am gonna have to consider launching a boycot Apple campaign =P

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
The 24th

Who knows, i want them soon though, i cant wait.lol

iJon

chrisfx811

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
louisville
if they are annouced prior to the 24th, would they ship on or about the 24th with jaguar installed?
if they are announced on the 24th, when would they actually ship?
i'm a relative computer nebie, but why does apple keep upcoming tech so secretive, while it seems like the pc side is more open in releasing info about upcoming tech?

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Re: The 24th

Originally posted by iJon
I work for an authorized apple dealer. our apple sales rep hinted us that powermacs will be out the 24th or near than for jaguar. but i mean he could be wrong, doubt it though.

iJon
i was talking to a guy who worked at a local mac store and he was telling me that there will be new powermacs at the end of the month.....

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I bet that they ship on the 24th w/ Jaguar but are announced on the 13th just to shut us all up until MWSF :rolleyes:

Synapse

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
Chicago
My bet is that on the 13th we will have new machines. I just called the Apple Store here in Chicago and said I was interested in buying 5 DP1ghz machines and was seeing if they had them in stock. The employee said they had 0 but were receiving a shipment of NEW powermacs on Tuesday morning. (Not we will be recieving a NEW shipment of powermacs) Could just be a wording slip up, but sounds like Tuesday the 13th is the day to me.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
i really wouldn't judge by the english of some lackey working in a retail store. i have said the same thing. we should have new ones in by *blank*. It's just the way people say things. At the same time I believe that monday or tues we will see new PMacs. I agree with the sentiment that they prob won't ship until Shaguar does.

ericb88

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2002
ok, this is why they WILL come out this week

According to just about everyone the stores are out of powermacs. So what are they gonna selll for the 13 days till jaguar will be realeased? POwermacs monday,tues,wed,thurs or maybe even fri. who knows....

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
I was told the 13th. But there is also something going on the 23rd, namely OS X. So either single releases on those dates or the 13th is simply an announcement for the towers to be released booting X on the 23rd.

Malus120

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2002
Uhhh dude here in the Pacific US its 2 min till twelve so i think it still possiblity.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
I'm tipping 13th, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it was the 24th.

I hope it's the 13th... I can't wait to see what Steve-o has in store for us!

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
It's only 9:30 in Cupertino, so we may yet see an announcement today, Apple usually doesn't release at midnight, but calls a conference and issues a press release the day of announcement, still, I kind of doubt today, tomorrow may be another story, however.;)

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Is anyone else her as amazed as I am- at how quiet Apple has been able to keep this? Here it is on the eve of (another) hopeful release date and only a few sites are saying tomorrow. It seems all guesswork even still. Since if not tomorrow, then there's still the 24th...then there are 2 events in Sept where they could be introduced- and another in Oct.
Not to mention- nobody has the slightest idea of what they are going to release....what speeds, what chips- anything.
I remember when the rumor sites all "knew" everything way in advance- and were almost always right....especially when it was this close to a major release/upgrade.
As much as I'm hoping that new machines are offered tomorrow- I'm oddly equally impressed in how Apple been able to keep this.

wake up Jobs!!!

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2002
Miami, Florida
Ill try to call the apple store here in miami , to see if they have them in stock, and see if I can make them "slip up" and spit out important info, done it before, and it works:rolleyes:

-GaBe-