New PowerMac G4 Enclosure (new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
In PDF Format

(sorry about the other thread, couldn't get file to show)

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Well, we'll see in August. I for one am expecting another incarnation of the old blue and white case if any change. I dobut we'll see a radical new case design until the G5 so this is viable. Of course my product predictions have all been wrong lately.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I like how the case looks on that french site, I hope it is real :D. But if I am not mistaken do I see SD RAM on the board. I was expecting DDR? Amd I missing something? :confused:

macmunch

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
It says 4096 MB RAM
and on the PDF it says 4 SD RAM slots

But some friend of me saz always DDR SD RAM
so ... we will see
:)

But by the way guys it seems to be a very Powerful chip no low powered G4 because he needs very very good cooling Turbine a other cooler.

I think that this is no G4 like we know !
maybe the 7500 with rapid IO.

And look at the picture with the CPU it self that look not like a G4 or design of a G4 board ?!

correct if iam wrong

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
DAMN the internet moves fast! I just made that PDF in CorelDRAW last night! and e-mailed it to macrumors.com webmaster but after getting no reply I posted it on the boards earlier; THAT WAS FRIGGIN FAST!

but perhaps I've said too much.

By the way it's not white it's the same silver color G4s are now, teh image is distorted (stretched, but you knew that) the sides, top, and handles are indistinguishable from P57 (QuickSilver); just A COMPLETE change of the internal design, and front and back panel are different.

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
Well atleast ya'll can rest assured this was the first place teh PDF showed up; I only posted it to this board.

(the french site gave credit to Spymac, and they said 'they' were sent the pdf, perhaps somebody sent it after reading this thread... hmm)

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Originally posted by APPLEP58
By the way it's not white it's the same silver color G4s are now, teh image is distorted (stretched, but you knew that) the sides, top, and handles are indistinguishable from P57 (QuickSilver); just A COMPLETE change of the internal design, and front and back panel are different.
So you wonna tell me that the parts of the case in the picture are the same color as the silver parts of my Quicksilver???

BULL-SH*T!!!!

The contrasts and the b/w ratio look pretty fine in the picture. The case is WHITE in that picture! Maybe you should make an appointment with your eye doctor! ;)

groovebuster

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
BTW the french site has very old pics of what's called a DVT or EVT model, many components aren't seen, like the massive heatsink; and teh MPU die is not at a 45 degree like that in the final product; the boards are blue like th XServe's...

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
Originally posted by groovebuster

So you wonna tell me that the parts of the case in the picture are the same color as the silver parts of my Quicksilver???

BULL-SH*T!!!!

The contrasts and the b/w ratio look pretty fine in the picture. The case is WHITE in that picture! Maybe you should make an appointment with your eye doctor! ;)

groovebuster
I ddin't need to look at that picture ;)

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
You'll know I'm right when you see a final product with something only very recently changed... The green AGP card retainer clip which slides over the AGP slot; Has been replaced by a single piece brown connector with the clip built into it...

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Originally posted by APPLEP58

unfortunately, that would be far too identifying...
Of course, because it would identify you as a bull-****ter! :D You don't have a clue about the specs I bet!

As if you are the only person who would know the specs before. To tell people about the case is not worse than giving the specs.

But I bet you just got the hint yourself about the new G4s somewhere and now you want to get the credits for it! :D

I don't see why else a newbie would drop in and "spill some beans".

So if you know something about the specs tell them to us! If you don't .... ****!!! ;)

groovebuster

Status
Not open for further replies.