New PowerMac Specs? No...

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Many have reported that YourDailyMac.com has listed specs for upcoming items.

From what is known, these are fantasy.

YourDailyMac has historically posted inaccurate rumors. (Apple Digital Camera, iBooks/Powerbooks, New Mouse at WWDC:

Also note their disclaimer: Keep in mind that these stats may not be totally accurate and you shouldnt base your purchase on the stats we provide. Also the stats we provide are purely speculation

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Why the hell would they declare the info as "BREAKING NEWS" and then disclaim the info as speculative? That's just plain stupid. What's the benefit? They're just building a bad reputation for themselves.

P.S. ImAlwaysRight, this is MacRumors, not MOSR. :p

ThomasB

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
Common ¢ents

Here is further reasoning as to why there are fake. The price diference between the low and mid-range machines is $600. What do you get for $600? 20GB more HD ($50 upgrade at the Apple Store) and 200Mhz more (not worth $550 in my book).

-Thomas

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
USB 2.0,Parhelia,black titanium?
Those people are ****ing stupid! That webmaster of YDM should be ashamed,he is hurting Apple! but, if they are right..it would be awesome!

After I saw 800 MHz iMac,these are my expectations:
case:new case
CPU:1.2 GHz - overclocked 1 GHz G4 with helluva cooling system
graphics:same,maybe new radeons for mac announced
DDR:yes - 266 mhz
ATA-100

so,whats the GB limit of ATA-100 interface based HDDs?

cyberfunk

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Hmm, I KNEW the acronym YDM meant something, it also means, you dont know MAC , a parody of you dont know jack.

trilogic

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2001
Switzerland
posting rumors like that will result in a lot of hits = page views = banner views.

okay they might get a bad reputation. but until next round of rumors we all have forgotten about that. And we all will go and click on the next rumor to see for our selves.

black titanium case :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
again...

this is why they are called *rumors* in the first place... ;)

at this point...I won't believe any specs unless they come from B2TM...

Ibjr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2002
Eastern seaboard
Originally posted by cyberfunk
Hmm, I KNEW the acronym YDM meant something, it also means, you dont know MAC , a parody of you dont know jack.
Its not a parody unless YDM goes out of its way to mock You don't know Jacks.

QuiteSure

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2002
Macminute Report

Macminute, which is not a rumor site, has posted the following report re: new G4's:

HotNew Power Mac G4 systems to be unveiled tomorrow with speeds up to 1.25GHz
August 12 - 16:33 EDT Apple will unveil new Power Mac G4 systems tomorrow, MacMinute has learned. Sources inform us that three configurations will be offered: dual-867MHz (US$1,699), dual-1GHz ($2,499), and dual-1.25GHz ($3,299). The dual-1GHz and dual-1.25GHz models will feature ATI Radeon 9000 series graphics cards; additional system-specific details are not available. The dual-867MHz configuration is slated to ship by the end of the week, while the new dual-1GHz model will ship towards the end of the month. Availability of the high-end dual-1.25GHz model is being pegged at sometime in September. Current Power Mac G4 systems will be reduced in price as follows: 800MHz ($1,299), 933MHz ($1,499) and dual-1GHz ($2,199). Additionally, Apple will introduce a SuperDrive-equipped eMac for $1,499, sources say, and will reduce the price of CD-RW and Combo Drive iMacs by $100 to $1,299 and $1,499, respectively.

cyberfunk

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by Ibjr

Its not a parody unless YDM goes out of its way to mock You don't know Jacks.
No , No, someone wrote a program, called you dont know mac, a quiz on mac history and such that was a parody.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I wish

That the YDM specs were closer to what we are actually seeing as real. 1.25 ghz is nice, don't get me wrong, (especially 2 of them) but who here wouldn't like to see 1.6 tomorrow? Hmmm... Dual 1.6 would be even sweeter!

Gus

Ibjr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2002
Eastern seaboard

Allright then , wiseass Mr. I'm a english teacher, what IS ?
I thought i made this clear. I am a student.

The term? Why should I know? In my commentaries i've been allowed to say a play on/off "other title" or that the title alludes to…

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Allright then , wiseass Mr. I'm a english teacher, what IS ?

Don't mean to pick on you, but, if you were really an english teacher you would know that "a english teacher" is poor grammar. To be correct you should use "an," not "a," with words which begin with a vowel. Its "an english teacher," is the proper usage.

cyberfunk

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by Chupa Chupa

Don't mean to pick on you, but, if you were really an english teacher you would know that "a english teacher" is poor grammar. To be correct you should use "an," not "a," with words which begin with a vowel. Its "an english teacher," is the proper usage.
I was refferring to him as an english teacher, and I did that on purpose.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
YOU WANNA KNOW WHY THESE SPECS ARE FAULTY BESIDES EVERYTHING YOU GUYS HAVE MENTIONTED THAT SEEMS SKETCHY,
TAKE A LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS CARD IN THE FASTEST MAC

the ATI 9700 raedon is a very fast card, even faster then nvidias latest Ti 128MB card but is not availible for macs yet, 9000 is but ATI doesnt plan to realease the card for macs until the fall.

Basically we can all make these wild predictions, i would think a website would try to base some of their guesses with backed up practical reasoning.

I think this is great on apples part to keep the specs a secret from us for so long, within 12 hours new PMs will be out and it will be like Christmas for all us in the morning.

Ibjr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2002
Eastern seaboard
Originally posted by Chupa Chupa

Originally posted by Grizelmac
As English is a language, you must capitalize too.

an English teacher.

http://www.engrish.com
Both of you, thanks, that made my day.