NEW PowerMacs allready for sale

unreg

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
27
0
What preformance does the 166Mh FSB and DDR give the dual1.25Gh vs the top end P4?
 

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
2,307
0
Greensboro, NC
it looks like macminute was deadon with the shipping times too...that site says two weeks for the 867's, 3-4wks for the GHz, and next month for the 1.25Ghz
 

unreg

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
27
0
What preformance does the 166Mh FSB and DDR give the dual1.25Gh vs the top end P4?
 

GrizzlyHippo

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
83
0
on the sofa
jumping the gun...

OK, so when will we know any architectural differences between the low end and high end. I fancy buying the dual 867, but if it's on the old motherboard etc. then I'll plump for the 1.2...

...or I might just put a 800Mhz upgrade in my G4 400 and wait it out for another 6 months.

Grizzly
 

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
331
0
Texas
If the dual 867 has DDR, then would that mean it is the new motherboard?

I'm hoping for dual 5.25 bays though for sure.. and I hope you can bto the dual 867 with a superdrive for say 200 bucks.
 

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
331
0
Texas
I take that back.. the a04 drive can be had at macsales for $299, so I'd probably just get the normal dual 867 and sell the combo drive or downgrade it to a cd-rom and buy a superdrive for $299!

I've got about $1050 in store credit at a local electronics stores that does carry apple products.. :)

I've been debating a new mac or new hdtv... HMM>...... we'll see what looks better after I see specs tomorrow.

but I do want a new hd!!!
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Well if these specs are almost concrete...... there's only one thing left to know.....

What'd they look like??? :) :D
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Originally posted by Horne
Good spot Sir.

Now, where should we UK punters order from to get them first.
Any ideas, is Apple the too obvious an answer?

Horne
I got my TiBook from Computer Warehouse, with one of the first shipments to the UK... indeed ahead of alot of the U.S. people, where they were all stuck in a big hanger in Alaska or something..... heh heh heh ;) :D
 

Horne

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2002
18
0
Glasgow, Scotland
uk apple store

the UK Apple store is now down due to "maintenance".
Lovely jubbely. My fingers are itching.......
dual 1.25 for me, with 1GB DDR ram por favore!
 

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
2,124
12
Lancashire
I got my TiBook from Computer Warehouse, with one of the first shipments to the UK... indeed ahead of alot of the U.S. people, where they were all stuck in a big hanger in Alaska or something..... heh heh heh
Getting them first is compensation for them Apple charging us $150 - $480 more than the US retail price even before we pour even more money into tony blair's cash VAT ontop of it :D

Given the fact that site lists the dual Ghz for $2499.00 the ACTUAL price it should be is £1632.48 + VAT. If the past is anything to go by we'll be paying £1799 - £2099 for it. Mindyou with the iMac price reductions in the UK being based on the exchange rate drop of the $, maybe we'll get the dual Ghz for £1699 + VAT.

I'm going to be saving for a CPU upgrade and ignore the idea of getting a new mac for quite some time if apple don't start to do something about the hugely inflated UK prices. Earlier in the year it worked out at about $50 - $100 more than the US retail price, that's acceptable because it covers apple for fluctuations in the exchange rate. We're currently paying nearly $500 more than we should for the "Fastest" model from the range introduced earlier in the year.
 

wake up Jobs!!!

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2002
173
0
Miami, Florida
u know how apple could use these specs to boost sales? Right now when a peecee user walks into my local applestore, he says "god look how slow those computers are!" even though they do not know about the mhz myth. Apple could combine the processor speeds since it is a dp and say "well now we sell a 1.64ghz (867), a 2ghz (1ghz), and a 2.50ghz(1.25ghz) instead of telling the processor speeds for each processor. You would not beleve how much that would boost sales!

-GaBe-
 

Horne

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2002
18
0
Glasgow, Scotland
I know we only have a short while now, but one more question:
Surely they cannot close the Apple store all afternoon, so we must see these things (pictures) pretty soon.
Anyone know roughly how long it takes to update the applestore website.
I think I need to go out and do something.......
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Originally posted by barkmonster


Getting them first is compensation for them Apple charging us $150 - $480 more than the US retail price even before we pour even more money into tony blair's cash VAT ontop of it :D

Given the fact that site lists the dual Ghz for $2499.00 the ACTUAL price it should be is £1632.48 + VAT. If the past is anything to go by we'll be paying £1799 - £2099 for it. Mindyou with the iMac price reductions in the UK being based on the exchange rate drop of the $, maybe we'll get the dual Ghz for £1699 + VAT.

I'm going to be saving for a CPU upgrade and ignore the idea of getting a new mac for quite some time if apple don't start to do something about the hugely inflated UK prices. Earlier in the year it worked out at about $50 - $100 more than the US retail price, that's acceptable because it covers apple for fluctuations in the exchange rate. We're currently paying nearly $500 more than we should for the "Fastest" model from the range introduced earlier in the year.
I don't pay VAT....... only totally insane people pay with very deep pockets and very long arms pay VAT :p :p :p
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Originally posted by wake up Jobs!!!
u know how apple could use these specs to boost sales? Right now when a peecee user walks into my local applestore, he says "god look how slow those computers are!" even though they do not know about the mhz myth. Apple could combine the processor speeds since it is a dp and say "well now we sell a 1.64ghz (867), a 2ghz (1ghz), and a 2.50ghz(1.25ghz) instead of telling the processor speeds for each processor. You would not beleve how much that would boost sales!

-GaBe-
A good idea..... but what happens if PC manufacturers did the same on their Dual machines....... the perceived speed difference would remain the same.....
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Originally posted by Horne
I know we only have a short while now, but one more question:
Surely they cannot close the Apple store all afternoon, so we must see these things (pictures) pretty soon.
Anyone know roughly how long it takes to update the applestore website.
I think I need to go out and do something.......
Depends if they're releasing it at 9am EST (or this EDT thingy) or 9am PST.......(Apple) 9am EST in New York is 2pm in London... not that far away.....:)
 

wake up Jobs!!!

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2002
173
0
Miami, Florida
they should do it with out telling anyone what really is happening so the peecee manufacturers do catch on
no not a good idea becausethen they would convict apple of fraud:rolleyes:

-GaBe-
 

Pentium Killer

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2002
39
0
Berlin
Does not look good...

if Apple does not even make a big fuss about it,the new macs will be disappointing I think.Germanstore is down,too
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.