New pre-order movies section of the iTunes store!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macbookairman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I just found a new page (i think) in the iTunes store under the movies category.

It says that now you can pre-order classic movies that are going to be added to the iTunes Store, and you can also pre-order new releases.

In order to get to the page, go to the main iTunes page, choose movies, and then on the bottom left of the movies page, in the "More in Movies" box, choose "Coming Soon".

The first picture is the "coming soon" page. the second is the movies page, and the third is the box with the link to the page.

am i correct in thinking that this is a new page/feature in the iTunes Store?

Attached Files:

2. Dunk the Lunk macrumors regular

Does the link work? Is there anything on it? I'm a uk user so can't see it and am still waiting for movies :(
    Come on apple-at least give us some Pixar/Disney ones!

3. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

i posted the pictues of what it looks like. when you click the link on the movies page that says "Coming Soon", it goes to a page with a short paragraph on it, which you can see it the first picture of the original post(click to enlarge it).

4. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple has started to load some content onto the "coming soon page". Right now the only movie they have available for pre-order is "Enchanted". The price is $14.99. The page for the movie is the same as all other movies on iTunes, it has a preview, comments, actors, etc.

5. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I'm 99% sure this has been there since movies were announced for iTunes. I remember seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 2 on there before it came out. I just noticed that they raised the price for pre-orders. I believe it used to be $12.99 for all new releases for the first couple of weeks, then it gets raised to $14.99.

6. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

well either way, i'm absolutely sure that this page is new. cause i go to the bottom of the movies page all the time to get to the link for movie trailers, and that link for "coming soon" showed up just the other day.

also, the wording at the top of the "coming soon" page implies that it is a new service, but...its possible i'm just reading it weird.

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Its been there from the start. Just nothing ever seems to appear on it.