New predictions about iPhones (just having fun edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zerilos, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

For starters I don't believe they will call it the 5s or the 6. No prediction about the name but it won't be the 5s.

The 5s will replace the current 5. The 4s and 4 will remain available for $99 and $0. The current 5 will be phased out, simply replaced by the 5s. Both the 4 and 4s are selling like crazy and will be for at least another year.

The will be no NFC, but fingerprint tech is a sure thing. IGZO screens will allow the phone far superior battery life, better resolution and cheaper to produce in the long run. It will run on the A6. The phone will brag a 10% increase in overall battery life.

Storage will start at 32gb and go up to 128gbs. Slightly higher production of course but way high sales of the upper models. Millions dying for a 128gig model will sell a child to make it worth.

LED notification becomes a reality possibly as a light in the home button.

The phone will release months prior to the release of iOS 7, which will come out with the fall release of the iPad. However iOS 7 will trump 5 in terms of increased features and UI improvements.

Odds are I'm crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Apple will NOT phase out iPhone 5 but continue selling. A then 3 year old a4 chip phone with 8gb storage. Nope. The 4 is gone the 5 is here to stay...

3. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

;)

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Ya... I was just going to edit my post...

5. Zerilos thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe that the 5s will not be enough of a change to warrant continuing to sell the original 5. The 4s and 4 are still selling surprisingly well and would help improve margins. In June/July selling the 5 for $99 with contract just wouldn't be worth it for Apple especially with the number of people still willing to buy the 4s and 4. The 5s would be considered the 5, just an improved version (sorta like how they refuse to identify future iPad by generation any more). Apple has literally been struggling to keep up with the demand for the 4 and it's still a strong money maker. It's a great entry phone for teens who want to take advance of the iOS ecosystem as well being low cost to produce for apple at this point.

6. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

Odds are I'm crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

You sir,have answered it all yourself :cool:

Edit : They will drop the 4 and move 4S at 4 price point--and 4S was similarily just an improved version of 4 in your language as you assume 5S to be an improved version of 5--4 is starting to show it's age now with new apps and games,won't probably be able to run iOS7 with all its new features.

7. Zerilos thread starter macrumors 6502a

You sir,have answered it all yourself :cool:

Edit : They will drop the 4 and move 4S at 4 price point--and 4S was similarily just an improved version of 4 in your language as you assume 5S to be an improved version of 5--4 is starting to show it's age now with new apps and games,won't probably be able to run iOS7 with all its new features.[/QUOTE]

But the 4s included a more powerful chip as well as the introduction of Siri (which was huge at the time). I don't think we'll see enough separating the 5s from the 5 to warrant describing it as a new product.

Again, I know I'm wrong from the get go, but since I don't believe the A7 chip even exists yet (or has been completely under wraps) it looks like the 5and 5s will be powered by the same chip.

The 4 would not be able to run iOS 7, but anyone purchasing it would know they were buying a low end entry device, which many people remain willing to do.

8. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Next iPhone has a different case. Has NFC as well as a fingerprint scanner. Size is the same. Has WiFi capable of using the AC protocol.

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

But the 4s included a more powerful chip as well as the introduction of Siri (which was huge at the time). I don't think we'll see enough separating the 5s from the 5 to warrant describing it as a new product.

Again, I know I'm wrong from the get go, but since I don't believe the A7 chip even exists yet (or has been completely under wraps) it looks like the 5and 5s will be powered by the same chip.

The 4 would not be able to run iOS 7, but anyone purchasing it would know they were buying a low end entry device, which many people remain willing to do.[/QUOTE]EXACTLY! Ya teens like a free iPhone 4 but a free 4s with better camera, Hspa+ and double the memory and a way better processor is what they like more people get the 4-4s because it's very cheep yet still a great phone. I personally hope apple doesn't release an iPhone this year but instead it's 7.0 that is a completely new os!

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm still not sure they're going to the "every 6 months" update schedule, but IF they do then the OP isn't crazy...killing the 5 when the 5S comes out may well be the way to do it.

After all, the iPad 4 came out quickly and we lost the iPad 3 but not the 2. That could be a model for the iPhone if they go to a faster release schedule. Every other model is destined to live on as the 'cheap' iPhone while the ones in between last only 6 months and are then killed off by a moderate update.

11. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

IP5 will NOT be phased out, Apple has Never done such a thing, I believe the following will be:

iOS7 will come out, either June, Sept, or October

IP4 will be phased out, and 4S will drop to Free, and 5 to $99, new phone whatever it is will be 199, 299, 399

I do hope the 32gb is the base then having 64 and 128

I am guessing they may come out with more colors now that the phone is all aluminum, and the iPod touch has 6 different colors, so maybe this might happen, or they come out with a Product Red one?

Not sure what new features they will put in the new phone, but I think Finger Print and NFC is still a ways away, Apple never adopts quickly, they do a slow roll, but they need to change this mentality as everyone is moving past them with this sort of stuff, even though I am NOT remotely interested in either technology.

I just wish they would get better battery life, but in reality all smart phones especially when on LTE drain your battery, so not sure what they will do to increase this, but it will be minimal at best, maybe an hours more of everything.

I will be moving to either the Samsung GSIII, GSIV or Note II if the new phone is not much better in all respects. Especially if the piddly little 16gb is still the base model without a micro sd card slot, tired of fighting with storage on my phone, and no I do not want to spend another 100 or 200 to upgrade, especially when Apple pays $.41 cents per GB of storage and they charge us nearly triple that.