new Product and 3G Iphone to Be announced Monday, Will not be able to buy until later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dorfdad, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Everyone is holding their breath for the new Iphone to be in AT&T this week. Sorry to disappoint you all but it's not going to happen. You won't have to wait to long though about another 10 days...

Apple Stores are getting the secret boxes in... But rumors from some people at the stores are that those boxes are not the new Iphone everyone is excited about but they are the new handheld device that will be announced.

If the iPhone was to be in stores on Monday the apple stores would have them already. Yes they can overnight them but thats a serious waste of cash for Apple. They are not at stores yet....

From what I heard the 3G Iphone will be available by the end of June...
    with another product to be ready sooner...

For what it's worth these are rumors but the guys I spoke with are either lying to my face and they have not before or we have a little longer to wait...

Makes sense though that if this new Handheld was to be released that the Apple Stores had a few for showcasing them...Also thats the reason they are not allowed to be open as it's a surprise for the conference..

Please do not flame this might not happen but it does sound legit and logical... we just have to watch the conference and get excited for a few more days than buy them :)

2. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I know people are gonna come in and flame or with the usual tudes complaining and whatnot, but this actually sounds logical. Sure it's not what people wanna hear, but it is what it is.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

The way I see it is, everyone is simply speculating, that's all it is. No one knows anything, only putting pieces together to come up with logical statements. They could be telling the truth, either based on real info or based on what they have read online.

We just have to wait several more hours.

5. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Sounds plausible enough but are we absolutely certain that the new phones are not already in store?

6. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

ah well.
    its ten days extra in the time it gets to Oz
    not cool
    :mad:

but what can you do?
    break into Apple? ;)

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

seems plausible...

i just hope i dont go spending the money saved for iphone 2 on a new apple product!

8. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I don't expect to see the new iPhone on shelves until at least Friday. Apple will want to build suspense. I see them taking orders online after the keynote, but no availability until Friday at the earliest. Who knows though. Its Apple...they do what they want, when they want.

9. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

agreed.
    there would be no reason for anyone to get angry etc. because none of us actually know anything that is remotely factual, only snippets..

10. meagain macrumors 68030

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What is it with all the threads trying to say whats going on with the new iphone, yet all they do is speculate further??

Your ideas are simply that, your opinion, you have no actual evidence people!

Well see what happens when it does:apple:

12. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

but that's the fun part.
    i like speculating.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

oh well yea, its fun and all, but OP comes in making it sound like he knows something, but all hes doing is speculating like the rest of us

14. aforty macrumors 65816

No I agree with you. nothing for sale tomorrow, else those mysterious boxes would have been massive shipments. We'll probably be able to get our hands in 10-14 days.

15. elektrikq macrumors newbie

While I don't disagree that the 3G iphone will probably not be available tomorrow in stores I have trouble believing the boxes being received are "new handheld devices". Maybe it's just the flood of iphone rumors smokescreening the other potential announcements tomorrow morning, but nothing regarding a new handheld device seems at all credible at this point.

Anyways...don't mean to flame, just my thoughts. Thanks for the info!

16. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

everyone BREATHE!
    you wont know until tomorrow.
    please tell me you havent been sitting at the computer all night waiting for something amazing, like a verified source, to pop up.
    because im sorry, thats not going to happen.

17. needthephone macrumors 6502a

Maybe true but I hope what's been shown inside the box isn't for real. It looks horrible something Creative, Nokia or even MS would do. Very Industrial and unfinished.

That's why I say they are fake as apple has taste.

18. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

What "new handheld device" is everybody smoking up? Unless you're talking about smaller iPhones or more iPods going the touch route, there aren't any "new handheld devices." The iPhone and iPod Touch are both handheld PDAs. If someone is talking about some sort of tablet device, those things are about as handheld as an iMac.

I wasn't on here before the January event, so maybe it's normal for rumors to seemingly get more extreme as the event approaches. But I think with the first-gen iPhone shortage that those boxes contain 3G iPhones or maybe a smaller iPod Touch (I don't think the click-wheel Nano dies yet).

19. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Funny stuff

20. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

It is typical for even Apple employees to not know much about these releases until they receive there training the day of... So anything an AT&T employee says is total speculation.

21. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I have a question.

Why would they have to be overnighted just because apple stores did not get them yet? There are ways to ship things with a receive date which means they could have been shipped over seas MONTHS ago (because things can get stuck in customs, and if there is a release date, they would not risk it.) So the phones are probably in the state in a container or warehouse for a while, and were sent out at different times so they can be schedules to arrive on certain dates.

I would not say that just because the stores do not have them in stock, they will not be released tomorrow. That is not a real solid reason, but there are other reasons for them not selling them tomorrow..

22. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

As secretive as Apple is about new products, it seems like an awful big risk to ship a demo unit to all the stores ahead of an announcement. All it takes is one guy to open one box and anonymously send pics and details to a site like this. After that it will only be a matter of minutes before the story spreads around the web.

But then what the hell do I know? I don't work for Apple or AT&T nor do I know anyone that does.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the full story tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.