new protools firewire hardware

gernb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2002
anyone seen the flash animation on the top right of digidesign's website...looks like something is coming this week in the form of a firewire interface for protools...could be the 'digi 002' compatible with OS X.2

know any details?

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
wow, I hope it's not too expensive!

People have wanted firewire protools for years, whatever it is, it looks to have a mixer built in, that could make it expensive or it could be a replacement for the digi001. USB for the entry level and Firewire for the high end doesn't seem a bad idea for us LE users.

Comment

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I'm expecting a firewire interface for protools for a long time, just because the compatibility with the rest of the softwares.

MOTU has very nice interfaces but they ar not compatible with anything else, I like to jump from one soft to other. I do midi & audio in DP3 and only audio in PT LE or PT Free.

Comment

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Well, I'll tell you this much, Digiworld is down here this year (Nashville) and its tomorrow. I'm registered to go, but I'm gonna be slammed, may try to go at night. Anyway, Its possible they have a tandem announcement thing going with Apple for Pro Tools X, I'd love to see it.:D

Comment

gernb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2002
Still no OS X support...what a joke. What a people supposed to use to record music...a PC? Yikes.

It looks like a cool piece of hardware but I'm not sure it's worth 2,500 bucks. Especially if you have an older power mac even G4...no way a processor will be able to play as many tracks as the 002 says are possible...especially if you plan on using any plug ins.

Looks like motu or Logic may be better routes at this point. That's too bad. Bad news for digidesign and apple users I think.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.