New RIM BT keyboard to cost 60% of Playbook price

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ugahairydawgs, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I hate to take away from incessantly checking tracking in iPad orders, but I saw this and thought it was pretty funny.

RIM has just come out with a pretty cool BT keyboard accessory for their Playbook tablet. Only one problem...the thing costs $120. Releasing something like this, which for only $80 more you can buy a whole new PB tablet, is just indicative of how completely hopeless RIM is from a marketing standpoint.

http://crackberry.com/rim-introduces-blackberry-mini-keyboard-blackberry-playbook-tablet

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

3. Aksta macrumors regular

i dunno, its quite a nice keyboard + trackpad. Not to mention similar iPad keyboards cost in the region of $100 if not more.

4. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

They've been as low as that for a while now. They offer exceptionally good value, especially now with Android App support.

Sadly the sheep will always go for a Kindle Fire.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I imagine it will also be compatible with the successor to the current Playbook.

6. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I am sure it will be a great device for Elves.

As a grown man I have always dreamed someone would give me a 7" inch wide keyboard.

7. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I saw that today and I was stunned. I have a play book for the 150 I paid for it it's worth every penny. It doesn't compare to the iPad at all.