New rMBP 13" - can´t display screen manufacturer

bravenewmac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Ok so 2h ago i just received my new rMBP 13" (top spec) it seems to have been manufactured between 2.12.2013 - 8.12.2013 in China. It came with OSX 10.9.

Of course i wan´t to know what the screen manufacturer is BUT if i enter
ioreg -lw0 | grep "EDID" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

into the terminal i get nothing in return. Not a single line. A 10min image retention test returned nothing, the screen uniformity seems flawless BUT i feel it might be a bit yellowish. So aim guessing its a samsung screen but i would love to know. Also does color calibration with a i1one remove the yellow. The mbp is flawless as i said (doesn't creek either and has no dents) but just a bit yellow :(

coasterghost

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
Ok so 2h ago i just received my new rMBP 13" (top spec) it seems to have been manufactured between 2.12.2013 - 8.12.2013 in China. It came with OSX 10.9.

Of course i wan´t to know what the screen manufacturer is BUT if i enter
ioreg -lw0 | grep "EDID" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

into the terminal i get nothing in return. Not a single line. A 10min image retention test returned nothing, the screen uniformity seems flawless BUT i feel it might be a bit yellowish. So aim guessing its a samsung screen but i would love to know. Also does color calibration with a i1one remove the yellow. The mbp is flawless as i said (doesn't creek either and has no dents) but just a bit yellow :(
All Mine shows is Color LCD

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
The mbp is flawless as i said (doesn't creek either and has no dents) but just a bit yellow :(
The 13" rMBP does not show the manufacturer using this method and since I don't own a 13" rMBP I'm not sure if there's another method.

Try calibrating the screen, or if you're truly unhappy with the yellow, then return it for another rMBP.