New rMBP...Keep or sell mid 2010 15" unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bagend12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. bagend12 macrumors newbie

Just upgraded to the base model 15" rMBP, and now I am not sure what to do with my mid 2010 15" MBP. It sill works fine, and I probably would have kept it another two years had I not gotten a Nikon D800E recently and needed something that was better at processing the large RAW files that camera generates.

While it would be nice to keep as a backup computer, I think the fact of the matter is that it would stay exactly that..a backup computer and will just stay stashed away somewhere. The extra cash would be nice also...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sell it, the longer you wait the less it will be worth so strike now and get as much cash as you can :)

3. bagend12 thread starter macrumors newbie

any ideas what I could get for it?? mac2sell gave me a figure of $940.00. not sure how "real world" that is though. (its a 2.53 gb i5, 4 gb ram, 750 gb HD).

4. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

don't know about the prices in the us, but here in austria you would probably get around 600-700 bucks

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

6. rapicell macrumors regular

That's pretty average of a range on ebay for the US market. However, that is only one place.