New Scary GOP Poll

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/20100323/ts_dailybeast/7269_scarynewgoppoll

this is really Sick and Scary a new poll shown today here are the things that will really blow you away

* 57 percent of Republicans (32 percent overall) believe that Obama is a Muslim
* 45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was "not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president"
* 38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is "doing many of the things that Hitler did"
* Scariest of all, 24 percent of Republicans (14 percent overall) say that Obama "may be the Antichrist."

Shows you the Stupidy that makes up most of the GOP.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
While I have heard some of those things out of some peoples mouths I will be the first to say that I am going to question the sources of the polling information and call BS on the numbers.

The numbers just smell funny and way to high to be believable. If something seems like it is full of BS chances are pretty good that it is.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
The obvious corollary is that all those people must therefore believe Obama is a fair target for elimination. Talk about "extreme prejudice"...

The 800lb gorilla in the room is the "overall" figures: 57% of Republicans =/= 32% overall, so who are the rest of these loons? Democrats?

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
While I have heard some of those things out of some peoples mouths I will be the first to say that I am going to question the sources of the polling information and call BS on the numbers.

The numbers just smell funny and way to high to be believable. If something seems like it is full of BS chances are pretty good that it is.
You could be right.

These numbers do seem to not be believable. If they were true, we should be in the middle of a civil war right now.
You mean we aren't? Seems like we are to me- just a war with no bullets.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
You mean we aren't? Seems like we are to me- just a war with no bullets.
In a way I suppose we are. If the current envirnoment of political polarization/extremism doesn't stop we might just have a civil war with bullets at some point. The reading I've been doing--it seems some are preparing just for that scenario--scary.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
In a way I suppose we are. If the current envirnoment of political polarization/extremism doesn't stop we might just have a civil war with bullets at some point. The reading I've been doing--it seems some are preparing just for that scenario--scary.
There are members of this very forum apparently waiting for the "Go" signal.

TechieJustin

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
According to the scriptures - the AntiChrist will have everyone fooled - including you and I. If you think somebody is the AntiChrist, that automatically excludes him from the list.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
According to the scriptures - the AntiChrist will have everyone fooled - including you and I. If you think somebody is the AntiChrist, that automatically excludes him from the list.
LOL. Excellent point. Who could it be? Not Sarah Palin surely? :D

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
People, this needs to be put into context. Remember at all times the pool from which answers are drawn.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/05/02/geog.test/
After more than three years of combat and nearly 2,400 U.S. military deaths in Iraq, nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map, a study released Tuesday showed.
People are not into "facts" these days.

TechieJustin

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
LOL. Excellent point. Who could it be? Not Sarah Palin surely? :D
I don't know.
I don't know if I even believe in the AntiChrist. Being Catholic I don't have to take the scriptures literally. But that's how I understand it to work.
No, Sarah Palin is too stupid to be the AC - remember she has to fool everyone. From Ben Stein, to John Stewart. From Glenn Beck to Michael Moore. From Mandy Moore to Lady Gaga. From Jenna Jameson to Jenna Haze... Everyone is going to be fooled.
I don't see how that is possible.