new Seidio Innocase Surface II pics (w/ clear protective film for logo)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Jul 27, 2009.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I just received my grey Seidio Innocase Surface II, and I thought I'd post some pics for you guys. I got the grey because I already had a black Innocase and I'm very happy with the decision - the grey is actually more of a gun metal color and it definitely looks darker in person than it does on Seidio's website (hopefully these pics show that as well). The clear protective shield for the Apple logo is a welcome change for me, so I'm happy with the new design. One negative though is that it is not easy to slide the bottom piece off for docking (at least not yet - maybe it will get easier over time). This is not such a big deal for me because I don't dock my 3GS but keep that in mind if you're planning on docking every night. Other than that, I love this case! It's very thin, provides great protection, and feels great in the hand. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

2. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Very nice! I might have t oorder a black one myself to go along with my slew of Incipio Feathers. Too bad they don't offer one without the Apple logo cutout, similar to the Incase Slider. I prefer the felt-lined design of the Seidio for peace of mind.

How does the phone sit in the case, nice and secure? Not too tight?

3. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

interesting.... I don't really understand what's new about the design though? besides the clear protective cover... :confused: looks exactly like the ash grey that I received 8 months ago...

4. V4705 macrumors 6502

great case, love this color!!
    but i didn't understand what are the differences between the old and new one (beside the logo sticker).

edit: lol, sorry mcmanus7.

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

The clear protective cover is the only difference as far as I know. I edited the thread title as well just to make sure that it's not misleading.

6. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

ahhhh.... is it removable?

personally I prefer a chunk of power support anti-glare to cover my logo since it resists oil/finger prints...

7. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Put it this way - it's not easily removable. The clear protective film is underneath the felt lining so you would have to remove the felt lining to remove the plastic piece - not recommended. I actually like this solution better than using a piece of a screen protector because it will do a better job of keeping dust out of the case.

Spandex: The phone sits tight in the case. In fact, I had an extremely hard time getting the case off the first time around; however, I think it's ok now. I had a piece of a PS Anti-Glare screen shield protecting my Apple logo with my old Innocase and I had left that on when I put the new case on. Once I finally got the new case off, I removed the piece of anti-glare and the case comes off relatively easy now (I say relatively because you still have to wiggle it a bit to get it out). Either the case loosened up now or the piece of anti-glare was the problem (or a little bit of both). It's all good now.

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

yea this is great, I ordered mine last week and im gettin it tomorow :D

9. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

good to know.. thanks OP!!

now if only Seidio could get their stuff together and send me my latest order correctly.... I ordered an Ash Grey to replace the one i've used for the last 8 months (one of the tabs broke off due to a fall but hey better off the case then the phone)... and when I received the case on friday it was a black iPhone 2G case :( so now i have to wait another 2-3weeks (canadian shipping sucks)

10. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Out of curiousity, is the protective film built into the case or do you have to put it on yourself? I wouldn't put it on myself if I got this case since the Apple logo would never touch anything, anyway, unless you put it in your pocket with keys or something, which isn't smart to do either way.

11. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

The protective film is built into it. Why would you want to leave the Apple logo completely exposed though?

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'm not a fan of putting films on anything, and putting a flim on would cause problems if I wanted to use other cases as well.

13. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I think you have the wrong idea about the film. The film is built into the case itself - it just covers the hole around the Apple logo. If you take the case off, the film goes with it - you'll be back to a completely naked iphone. I don't understand how using this case would cause problems if you wanted to use another case - that's just not possible.

14. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I was talking about if I had to put a film on the iPhone.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Can you show a pic of the volume rocker and silent switch please?

16. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I've always hated on the cut out logo, but now that I think about it I might buy into this case if I don't like my feather...

17. eron macrumors 6502

Code for Seidio:
    SEIDIO10
    For 10% off orders over $50.

18. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Here you go:

Attached Files:

19. Che Castro macrumors 603

I just got mine in the mail today

it felt so different going from the otterbox to this, is much lighter

a few things

I was surprice on how dark the blue color is, on the site it looks like a light blue color
    but its ok next time ill just get the black one

I like the screen protector for the logo, althou on my case its too late my apple logo already looks bad

another thing since they put a screen over the apple logo, they should have gone an extra step further and put a screen protector over the camera hole, yes why not?

I really like this case its my fav one, but the belt clip holsters is big is a lot bigger then the otterbox I think, they need to make it smaller

but im going to use this case now during summer, then in the winter ill use the otterbox

I give this seidio case A rating 5 stars :)

20. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

You definitely do not want a screen protector over your camera hole - you can't take good pictures through a "window" like that. Even if you could, it would only work as long as the plastic was unscratched - as soon as you get a scratch, all of your pictures would be affected.

21. Che Castro macrumors 603

not a screen protector, I mean the same thing the otterbox case has over the camera, screen protector was the first thing that came to mind, but you get what im saying thou

22. MemoryMapped macrumors newbie

Thanks OP for posting this. I messaged the eBay seller khb_tx to ask if the Black Innocase II that they sell is the newer version with the logo protector, but no word. It's been 5 days.

Could you post the response you got?

23. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

They do sell the newer version - that's who I got it from. They got it to me quick too (ordered on Thursday and had it on Monday).

24. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Could you post a picture of the inside of the case without the phone in it? I'm curious how it looks with the protective film. Thanks in advance.

25. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

As requested:

Attached Files: