New Series 2 (and Apple Watch in general) owner with a few questions!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ARKeDGE, Sep 29, 2016.

1. ARKeDGE macrumors newbie

ARKeDGE

Hey everyone, just got my series 2 42mm aluminum watch in the mail today (FINALLY) and I have a few questions as a first time user of the Apple Watch.

1. Should I get a screen protector? I'm not sure if these screens are more or less prone to scratches than an iphone.

2. How long does it typically take for a notification to show up on my watch? Should I get a notification on the watch the instant I get a text message on my phone? Or does it take a bit? I understand my watch only gives me notifications when my phone is not in use.

3. Should I turn off my watch every night? Or is it ok to always have it on like your phone? I don't plan on keeping it on when I sleep.

4. I got some texts since I turned on my watch and synced my phone to it but they are not showing up in my text app on my watch. Shouldn't all my texts be in my watch as well as my phone? Or does my watch only save the texts that I get notified about?

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

1. I know only it's scratched easier than my SS. :p
    2. Should be more or less the same time, maybe just a little bit behind.
    3. Don't turn it off. It takes a long time to start up. You'll be annoyed.
    4. My Message app is the same as on my iPhone.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

1. I wouldn't and didn't. Watch's live a rougher life compared to other devices. But appearance is also important, and I think screen protectors detract from the looks. No one would dream of putting a screen protector on a mechanical watch.

2. Nearly immediately. Early wOS1 had some lags between message arrival and watch notification, but I have not noticed that in months.

3. No need to ever turn off the watch. Just drop it on the charger at night and put it back on in the morning.

4. The notifications view on the main screen will only have notifications that you got while the phone was asleep. But, the watch Message app will have all messages.

4. ARKeDGE thread starter macrumors newbie

ARKeDGE

Thanks for the response guys! I just got the watch last night and my newer messages I've been getting aren't loading onto the watch, not sure why.