New Siri ad in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tea-Aholic, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey guys. I live in Melbourne.

I was watching 'It's Complicated' with Meryl Streep on Channel 7 Digital. During the ad break, I saw a iPhone 4S ad with Siri being used to navigate using the maps application. Ad ran at around 10:08 PM today on Friday.

I just asked Siri "Find me a café" and "Find me a good Chinese restaurant" and it still comes up with the I can only look for businesses in the United States...

So far in Australia, the only ad I've seen for the 4S has been the camera one. First time I've seen a Siri ad.

I will keep an eye on the ads now and see what comes up :D
  2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Same here in the UK....Siri can't do anything accept the built in phone functions...Useful? Yes, but it will be nice when it's fully functional....It's still officially a BETA product though, so it may take a while.
  3. macingman macrumors 68020

Jan 2, 2011
    I see Siri ads all the time on Australian tv they've been on since the launch. Not that new.
  4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I suspect that those not in the US waiting for the day they get the same functionality that US users have with Siri will be sorely disappointed when the day comes. I still often get the "can't do that right now" message, often enough that I find it generally faster not to "risk" asking Siri and instead just search myself. All Siri does is basic google searches anyway.