New Siri ad in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tea-Aholic, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I live in Melbourne.

I was watching 'It's Complicated' with Meryl Streep on Channel 7 Digital. During the ad break, I saw a iPhone 4S ad with Siri being used to navigate using the maps application. Ad ran at around 10:08 PM today on Friday.

I just asked Siri "Find me a café" and "Find me a good Chinese restaurant" and it still comes up with the I can only look for businesses in the United States...

So far in Australia, the only ad I've seen for the 4S has been the camera one. First time I've seen a Siri ad.

I will keep an eye on the ads now and see what comes up :D

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Same here in the UK....Siri can't do anything accept the built in phone functions...Useful? Yes, but it will be nice when it's fully functional....It's still officially a BETA product though, so it may take a while.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I see Siri ads all the time on Australian tv they've been on since the launch. Not that new.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I suspect that those not in the US waiting for the day they get the same functionality that US users have with Siri will be sorely disappointed when the day comes. I still often get the "can't do that right now" message, often enough that I find it generally faster not to "risk" asking Siri and instead just search myself. All Siri does is basic google searches anyway.