Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluisnblklungs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Hi all,

I just got a new SSD from my old HD, its like a brand new computer.

I did a clean install of Mountain Lion and then just pulled over the files that I needed including apps from a Time Machine backup. They are all working expect for the iWork suite, its giving me some error.

They were installed from a disc and not the app store. Right now I'm away at school and don't have that disc with me. Is there anything that I can do? I would rather not have to buy them from the app store again... But I do need them ASAP.

Thanks!

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
Is the disk at whomever's address that you were previously staying at before school? How soon is "ASAP?"

Have someone mail it to you.

Bluisnblklungs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Is the disk at whomever's address that you were previously staying at before school? How soon is "ASAP?"

Have someone mail it to you.

Yeah its at my parents house and they said that they can send it.

I was just hoping i just had to drag an extra file over and it would work or I just had to change a setting or something. I have some papers due next week so hopefully before that. I downloaded Open Office in the mean time...

Thanks

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
iWork suite are not apps you can copy by just dragging the app over. There are a bunch of support files that get installed by the installer.

If you really need it you could still run Migration Assistant from the Time Machine backup to bring the iWork apps over. Just uncheck "users" and check applications and that should work for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.