Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I just got a brand new MBA 2012 last Monday (i5, 8gb ram, 256 ssd ... shipped with Lion). I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I'll be transferring all my stuff to the new MBA this weekend (from my 2008 MBP).

So, whats the best thing to do with the new MBA? Should I do an "upgrade" from Lion to ML by downloading through the App Store? Or would it be better to clean install ML seen as I have a fresh new (still in the box) MBA?

Or is there even a difference between a ML "upgrade" and a "clean install"???

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Should I do an "upgrade" from Lion to ML by downloading through the App Store? Or would it be better to clean install ML seen as I have a fresh new (still in the box) MBA?

Or is there even a difference between a ML "upgrade" and a "clean install"???

For you there's probably no difference except that the upgrade is easier - I would suggest you do that. Also, as psedog said you should apply for the free copy of Mountain Lion since you're eligible. You'll still download it through the Mac App Store, but by using a code they send you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.