New thinner waterproof cases coming for the 6s and 6s plus? Also: tips on a good case for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MuddlerMinnow, Oct 3, 2015.

1. MuddlerMinnow macrumors newbie

The 6s and 6S plus obviously handle water much better than previous iphones. Considering that, do you guys think that slimmer high quality waterproof cases will be on the market pretty soon? Thinner compared to Lifeproof nuud etc.

And speaking of that, do anyone have tips on water resistant cases that exists right now for the 6 and 6 plus that are slimmer than Lifeproof nuud?

I fly fish a lot and wade in rivers at about 1 meters (3,3feet) depth. If my phone can take me dropping it in that depth and staying on the bottom for a couple of minutes, I'll be totally fine.

Thanks,
    MuddlerMinnow

2. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting on the new dogandbone case. The one they have out now works I think but they are making a new version that looks way better. It's on their site though.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't see why we should assume this. A waterproof case itself must be waterproof. It's not going to make claims of waterproofing and then leave it up to the phone, which isn't even officially water resistant or proof to keep the water at bay.

We all have our opinions, but the nud is a pretty minimalistic case as far as waterproof cases go. I don't see anything smaller than that short of an actual waterproof device.

I personally just have a floating device pouch now. I don't need to buy a new one for every phone I get, I can fit 2-3 phones in it, and it even floats if I drop it in water.