New to AT&T - Family Plan - 2 iPhones - How to keep the family peace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cthoops, Jun 11, 2010.

1. cthoops macrumors member

So mr. cthoops and I are currently with Verizon, but have given up on waiting for a Verizon iPhone and are going to make the switch. From what I can tell, it looks like since we will be new AT&T customers we will only be able to initially buy 1 iPhone 4. A bit of a problem, since we each want one.

We were planning on going to the Apple store to sign up for a family plan (since apparently you can't sign up for a family plan via the Apple website) and reserve the phones. Would it be possible to sign up for a family plan now, without buying any phones, and then buy two iPhones? Alternatively, is it possible that when we go to reserve we'll just be able to order two phones? Or is it possible to just sign up for two individual plans and then merge them into a family plan?

Any suggestions/advice for a workaround would be REALLY appreciated! Otherwise we may have a throwdown over who get the phone! :) Thanks!

2. tnisatard macrumors 6502

ive never heard that apple allows you only to buy 1 iphone

i know ATT allows you to order online and they limit you to ordering iphones

ive never heard of ATT allowing only 1 iphone for initial customers, call them and make sure

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sure easy answers.

Option 1: Reserve one iPhone 4 in your name and one in the MR.'s name. Go to Apple on June 24 and activate your new FamilyTalk plan on AT&T. If you have to have it ASAP.

Option 2: Pre-order one iPhone 4 from Apple on June 15 for home delivery and Reserve one iPhone for in-store pickup from Apple. You know the rest from here.

Please don't port your Verizon numbers until you are certain that you are staying with AT&T and the service coverage meets your needs. You have 30 days to port your Verizon numbers... no need to rush.

Option 3: Mix and Match 1&2

Dave

4. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

Do what Dave said, or go old-school and actually go to the store and pre-order. ;)

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

In-Store it's 1 per person. You both go, you both get one.

6. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

1 per person not per plan so 2 people 2 phones etc:)

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Sorry, Mr. Cthoops, but it's a gophone for you.

8. cthoops thread starter macrumors member

Ahh, in-store is one per person? Excellent! I guess I must have misunderstood earlier about the limits. Looks like we'll be pre-ordering in-store on the 15th.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

Naaaa.... looks like you've been reading all the stellar info the best and brightest posted here on MR.